MAN or NOT a MAN

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my questiion, i havent been on a bike for about 12 years, i owned a 87 gsxr 1100 for about 2 years and a honda custom before that for about 1 yr, I know bikes are a lot more powerfull now than back then, so what do you guys recomend a 600 or 750?
I got prices on both and was wondering if there any good

600 is $8600 out the door including plates
750 is $9600 out the door including plates

It seems like the better deal is the 750 cause the msp on the 600 i like 1500 less than the 750 and this guy is only giving me a 1000 diffrence.

so are\ these good deals and which should i get, Keep in mind i am probably not going to go crazy riding and was told there pretty much the same bike untill high speeds, is there really that much of a diffrence between the 2?

thanks
adam

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
The 600 was plenty for me. I'm a broke ass college student, that extra thousand bucks plus makes a big difference to me. The 600 still has enough power to be fun, and more than enough power to get me in trouble anywhere I could ride short of a track. The only time it's lacking at all is when I'm trying to run with literbikes on the highway.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Insurance will probably more- it was for me when I switched from a CBR 600RR to the 750, I guess since I had a real bike now...lol j/k. The 750 will have more torque at bottom end and you won't have to shift gears nearly as much. After 8,000 RPMs hold on tight- it really pulls after that. 600 will do fine but if you want a bike that can cut twisties and keep up with some of the bigger boys the 750 is the compromise and it does it very well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Since you have some experience, may be you should get the 750 and be done with it.

I had zero experience and jumped to a 04 600, towards the end of the summer i wanted a 750 so bad, 600 felt slow. Then unfortunatelly, i did a track day with the same 600 and realised it wasnt the bike, it was me DOG ASS SLOW.

To make the long story short, i gained huge respect for my bike and decided to keep it for a while. Yeah, a 600 seems slower later on a straight line, but around the corners, it still has more power than i can handle

Oh by the way the price you have for 750 seems high. When i went to the dealer couple weeks ago and testing waters i brought it down to 9100 out the door, but that was a new 04 not a 05.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Since you have some experience, may be you should get the 750 and be done with it.

I had zero experience and jumped to a 04 600, towards the end of the summer i wanted a 750 so bad, 600 felt slow. Then unfortunatelly, i did a track day with the same 600 and realised it wasnt the bike, it was me DOG ASS SLOW.

To make the long story short, i gained huge respect for my bike and decided to keep it for a while. Yeah, a 600 seems slower later on a straight line, but around the corners, it still has more power than i can handle

Oh by the way the price you have for 750 seems high. When i went to the dealer couple weeks ago and testing waters i brought it down to 9100 out the door, but that was a new 04 not a 05.
That's why I laugh when people say that a 600 just isn't fast. Sure even a 1000 eventually will seem slow in the straights, but take even a 250 in the twisties and you have a new found respect for those bikes.
If 600's wasn't a challenge, the top racers won't waste their time racing them. Got to remember that these are race bikes just with turn signals and headlights-they are at home on tracks- not going straight all the time, that's why Harley are for and are still in business... lol.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Rember this is the new age, the new 600s will spank those older 1100s. I would say if you are going to get back into the bike scene, get a 600 for a season, trade in, get a 750 or 1000. My thoughts.

Scott

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
12 years is a long time, and you only rode for a few years way back when. How sure are you that you will stick with it and be riding say 5 years from now? There are alot of questions you should ask yourself before deciding on a particular bike. Skills come back, but they do take a little while. I've quit for up to 5 years at a time (as I did before my current ride) but I always come back to it. I'm on my 14th bike including dirt bikes and the 04 600 is plenty for the time being, but it won't be long and I'm going to move up, probably next year. If I were you though I would consider a good used bike for a year and then decide where I wanted to go. Most people only keep sport bikes a few years anyway and you will save alot of money by buying a good used bike a couple of years old and getting familiar with their current level of performance and then deciding what you want.

Welcome back to the addiction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts