Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok....its going in to the stealership on tuesday to have the engine swapped out....is there any parts of an "engine swap" that will not work both ways???? ie headers/radiator/sprocket/chain/whatever????

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Everything will work, you just need to get the 750 Computer, and the 750 Air box (since the 750 throttle bodies are bigger). Everything else will be fine.

Scott

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok...ill explain a little more...im using my old 600 throttle boddies and airbox for a new 750 engine that i bought that did not have the throttle bodies/airbox....so i know the airbox will fit my tb but will the tb fit the engine????

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
No it will bolt right up, and dont let anyone tell you any different. I have now done 3 04+ swaps this year.... The 1000 Motor actually almost fits without modifying the motormounts.... Thats a trick up the sleeve though.

Scott

·
Registered
25 Posts
No it will bolt right up, and dont let anyone tell you any different. I have now done 3 04+ swaps this year.... The 1000 Motor actually almost fits without modifying the motormounts.... Thats a trick up the sleeve though.

Scott
So what about swapping an 04 750 motor into an 03 600 frame? I understand that motor mounts can be bought? is this true? and where?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yes they do make motor mount kits, I am not sure where to get them, let me ask around, i will post back up in a day or so.

Scott

·
Registered
316 Posts
Any word on this?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Now if you had a 04 600 with a 06 1K tail that would be nuts!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
It's pretty straightforward. You can't use a 750 front sprocket with the 600 rear and use the 600 chain. Maybe if you broke the chain and reattached it over the sprockets. I just put my 600 front back on and used the 600 rear which gives you an instant -1/+2 setup. Kinda nice for free. Motor mounted right in basically. Not too difficult. I'd be sure to buy one with the throttle bodies and airbox though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.