Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting mixed information from people so need someone to clear this up for me.
I'm after a set of clocks for my 750K4, and looking on eBay theres's lot's available. I see there are sets that go up to 16k revs and sets that go up to 17k revs. My original 750 clocks rev to 16k, so I'm thinking that these are the ones I want, but I ask sellers what bike they're from and even some of the sets that rev to 16k the guy says they're from a 600???

Can someone tell me if the 600 clocks can be fitted to the 750 without problems, and vice-cersa? I always thought that the gearing would be different on both bikes so they wouldn't give true readings? :scratch

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi. I've got 750 clocks in my 600k4. i think that my speedo readings are wrong - it shows 130kph(around 75mph) when it cuts off the first gear, while I think it should be more or less 100kph(60mph). is there anything that I can about it except changing the clocks?what is the real top speed of k4/k5 600 on a first gear?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
pozdro600 said:
hi. I've got 750 clocks in my 600k4. i think that my speedo readings are wrong - it shows 130kph(around 75mph) when it cuts off the first gear, while I think it should be more or less 100kph(60mph). is there anything that I can about it except changing the clocks?what is the real top speed of k4/k5 600 on a first gear?
You can fix the speedometer error with a speedohealer. Gixxers usually have about a 10% error showing the speed higher than you're going. I'm pretty sure you should be able to get up around 75 though in first gear on a 600.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.