Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all again...

?i am wanting to put 6 pot caliperrs on the front of my L model eventually.

I have seen the Hayabusa has them is this the only Suzi that offers 6 pots ?

Also rather than bother evrybody here all the time.....how do you all find ehat fits what...is it by frequenting wreckers and measuring parts ? Research online ? Technical drawings / database ?

What are peoples various methods of finding this info out....I'm curious, and loving the journey of rebuilding this bike.

Cheers all.

Loach:monkeyface

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi all again...

?i am wanting to put 6 pot caliperrs on the front of my L model eventually.

I have seen the Hayabusa has them is this the only Suzi that offers 6 pots ?

Also rather than bother evrybody here all the time.....how do you all find ehat fits what...is it by frequenting wreckers and measuring parts ? Research online ? Technical drawings / database ?

What are peoples various methods of finding this info out....I'm curious, and loving the journey of rebuilding this bike.

Cheers all.

Loach:monkeyface
you can get 6-pots in either black or gold, find that part number and enter it into a parts database like suzukipartshouse.com or something similar. you will see all the models that part goes on. there are stickies on this forum that show part interchangeability

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have the black 6 pots on my 89' 1100. They were on the bike when I purchased it and they apparently came from a 2000 ZX12-R.
yep I've seen some some Kawi's run these calipers as well. dont know which ones will fit? look at a particular brake pad or caliper rebuild kit and see the makes and models they will fit, solid indicator of what uses the same parts. same logic can be used to cross over plenty of other parts between different makes and models. I'm running CBR 1000 fork seals in my Bandit 1200

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys.

Makes a lot of sense...simple really.

Loachy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought some Tokico 6 pots from a Kawa ZX6R.
Cheap and very good nick....cant wait.
Just need my K2 forks now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts