Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put a six inch wheel on a 92 1100? I've heard that newer gsxr wheels are wider at the axle making it hard to do. Would it just be easier to have the stock wheel widened?

If anyone has done this let me know how you accomplished it (please)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was just lurking from the watercooled section and had to reply. I just got done doing this mod to my 94 and I will tell you between the cost of the rim and all the machine work that had to be done, it was easily not worth it. You could had bought a custom made rim from a number of different manufacturers for the price I paid to get this to work. If though, you truly are curious as to what had to be done, email me and I will give you all the details you would ever want or need.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Originally posted by fastawd:
I was just lurking from the watercooled section and had to reply. I just got done doing this mod to my 94 and I will tell you between the cost of the rim and all the machine work that had to be done, it was easily not worth it. You could had bought a custom made rim from a number of different manufacturers for the price I paid to get this to work. If though, you truly are curious as to what had to be done, email me and I will give you all the details you would ever want or need.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i would have to agree with this since i do this sort of stuff everyday for the guys around my area...it would be alot less headache to just call up PM and order a 6" or 6.25" rim ready to bolt on when you get it...cost around $750...it's alot of cash but it's well worth it...you get a highly polished wheel that looks awsome with a 190 or 200 tire on it...i can help you out on the wheel..let me know....

dwayne

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey bbwatercool. a 6" pm wheel will fit on a 91' 1100? i thought the wheel/tire would get into the chain?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I put a 6" srad wheel on my 94. And to be completely honest, it doesn't look any wider with a 180 on it than my buddies 5.5 with a 180 on it. The only advantage I have over him is I can fit a 190 or 200 width, but that would be only for looks, as a 180 profile is a much better riding tire.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Originally posted by cide:
hey bbwatercool. a 6" pm wheel will fit on a 91' 1100? i thought the wheel/tire would get into the chain?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this has been proven to be the case with the 6.25" wheel but i can't say for the 6" wheel...i have a 91 model 750 on my shootout bike and i run a 6.25" wheel with tons of room to spare...the chain clearence problem boils down to the type of tire...michelin's 200 and dunlop's 200 both fit different on the same wheel...for a bike that came with a 5.5" wheel i wouldn't try a 6.25"wheel but a 6" most definitely...

dwayne

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I run a 6.25" PM on my 90 1100. I'm running a 190 pilot race soft. It just barley touches the chain. I have been running this all summer long. With no problems what so ever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts