Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does a 520 kit stand up for street riding? Or should I just stay with the stock 530? I only get about 3000 miles a year riding(4 kids) lol and am meticulous when it comes to chain cleanliness.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,222 Posts
Search here as it's been discussed many times before. Basically you'll be fine if you buy a good chain and properly maintain it. Cleanliness is part of it but so is lubing and checking slack & stretch. Don't expect a miracle improvement with a 520.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go with 520, I ride the heck outta mine and it holds up just like the 530. I also have 4 kids, so I get what you are saying about time lol. I even thought about more after bed time rides this summer so I can get more miles in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How does a 520 kit stand up for street riding? Or should I just stay with the stock 530? I only get about 3000 miles a year riding(4 kids) lol and am meticulous when it comes to chain cleanliness.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Did you get the new chain and sprockets on yet? If so how do you like it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get the new chain and sprockets on yet? If so how do you like it?
I have not purchased it yet, may have to wait a bit now. I haven't been riding as much as I like. I been working with my little guy on his PW50 at the track whenever I have free time.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,795 Posts
If you're on a 1000 and not on the track, stick with the 530. Your sprockets will last longer. The chain can handle the 1000cc power, but you'll be asking a lot from the sprockets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts