Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

420 King of the World
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5\'11\" 265 too much for stock susp 04 750??

Whats up guys, I have an 04 750 and I think that I am too heavy for this bike. I MAY MAY MAY loose 10 pounds or so but realistically no more, so my question is am I at the limit for the stock setup? I have 1 line showing on the triple tree which unless Im mistaken is almost full stiff. When I lean on the front it dives more than I would like. The bike is harder than I would like it to be in corners with the steering. I read another post on here about the 7mm in the rear and how it changed his bike. I was looking around and saw a set of springs from Ohlins that maybe would help me. What is the right approach to this problem. I know very little about the workings of a bike and where to start. My YZF600 wasnt like this, its also 60 pounds or so heavier so maybe that was it. Wuzz up?? What do I do??

Registered
Re: 5\'11\" 265 too much for stock susp 04 750??

Get some new springs and have someone custom tune your suspension...

Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.

well first off you may want to setup your suspension up properly,, here have a read..

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0006_susp/

i think your a bit heavy for the stock suspension on it.. i know you cna re spring the front to springs for your weight, not sure on springing the rear.

420 King of the World
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Springs aint so bad. I found the Ohlins for $103, any other brands I should check out? I know they are top of the line, so maybe not much of a reason to look elsewhere.

Registered

I dunno if you weigh too much... But you are deff pushing it.

A friend of mine was a lil heavier then u (but taller). And was on a 600 lol

Then made the switch to a busa and is all good.... That 600 was strugling to pull his big ass lol.

Banned

I am 200+ and I was able to get it close but not race worthy as that will require new parts.

If you want email me at [email protected] and I will reply back with the settings that worked for me.

420 King of the World
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I appreciate the help raider, but I am ordering new springs, either Race Tech or Ohlins. For $100 plus labor that aint bad.
Now replacing the forks with Ohlins.....Holy Shit, that aint happening, $2300 for parts on the bike.

Registered

I'm 6'1 240 on a stock set 05 750 with no problems. But I do want ot set up my suspension. Let us know what works and hat you go with. Good luck.

Registered

Hey Bear James from last weeks ride on satuday morning B/w 1000. Like I said last week, HUGE difference with my bike having forks revalved and sprung for my weight. Also bought a Penske rear shock with a 525 hyperco spring. Paid about 1300 for all parts and labor. took out my forks and brought them to Mike at GMD in Conn. Hell of a nice guy and he did an awesome job. My bike handles like it on rails! Gonna set the sag today and try to dial her in! get the forks done rear shock can come later.You wont be able to get the sag right with the stock components at your weight. On my '02 the front forks are sprung for a 160 lb rider!(look at racetechs page) BTW 500 for fork revalve and spring 700 for rear shock.

Registered

I've never heard of anyone breaking their bike because they were too big. There's a huuuuuuuuuuge guy who works in the same building I do when I go to New York who's been riding the same Kawi 250 for at least 2 seasons. I have yet to see him this year...

But hell, I'm 5'5" 110 lbs on a bike that weighs almost 4x as much as I do. I have yet to have suspension problems, needless to say. If you are concerned (though you may not immediately hurt your bike it may mutilate your plastic or pipe over time) just get that new suspension put on when you can. If nothing else, your bike will feel great on high end springs, and your mind will be at ease.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts