Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my l2 gixxer 1000 for a MOT today at a new test centre and he weighed the front and back of bike, never had this before but he was amazed it was 50/50, I have done a few things to make the bike lighter but did not set out to make it 50\50

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello guys have you tried to weight your bikes? l am very curious of what the weight distribution is in a stock gsxr1000r, how many pounds we have on each wheel

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Just roll it up on a bath scale one tire at a time. Thats what I did. A search will bring up my thread

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Just roll it up on a bath scale one tire at a time. Thats what I did. A search will bring up my thread
K7 1000 97kg front, 90kg rear with 5L fuel.
Thanks Dave for the heads up about your thread. But without knowing the exact wording, it is very difficult to find.
Edit. This is wrong I weighed K7 again 95 front, and 78 rear. 173 Kg. That's much better! (y)

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
If interested, look up “2017 base model weight”. Sorry, not sure how to link it here.

K7 1000 97kg front, 90kg rear with 5L fuel.
Thanks Dave for the heads up about your thread. But without knowing the exact wording, it is very difficult to find.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A thread someone posted inspired me to do this which I have wanted to do fo a long time, just never got around to it.
Mods that affect the weight mostly are:
Ballistic lithium battery
Pair delete, driven block offs
Full Yosh stainless system
Lightech mudguard
Hotbodies undertail
Brembo rcs corsa corta
Stainless brake lines
Rear brake reservoir is just a tube
Passenger seat delete
Quickshifter/autoblip
Passenger pegs delete
Brembo clutch lever
Swingarm spools
License plate installed
K and n air filter
Full tank of gas
All fluids at correct level

Rear: 191.2 lbs
Front: 219.6 lbs
Total: 420.8 lbs.

For comparison i weighed my 2008 gsxr600 track bike with these mods:
Armour Bodies fairing
Pair delete
Block offs
Rearsets
Every single wire not needed was removed
520 chain driven sprockets
Moto d clip ons
Driven lever guards
Engine guards Yosh
CRG carbon levers
Yosh ss full exhaust
Left handlebar switches removed
Basically everything not needed for track is removed
No key
Keyless gas cap

Rear: 188
Front: 210
Total: 398
Well, no major weight modifications for that bike, except for the yoshi full system which l guess removes lot of weight from the rear, that stock can is nasty, l guess the bike is almost 50/50 stock

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
If interested, look up “2017 base model weight”. Sorry, not sure how to link it here.
A lot of work to loose 12 lbs. If I gave up drinking JD and coke, I could loose close to that. 😂😅

1 - 12 of 12 Posts