Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the weather couldn't have been any better. It was sunny and 70 deg....from what I hear that is better than VIR.

I got there bright and early to save some spots by the hot pit and about and hr or so later Stalemate shows up with Phil and Clay (Philbie and badgixxer). Great guys...good to meet them both.

Well, my third teammate couldn't make it, so we decided to run with just 2 of us and alternate in 45 min legs. We also decided to let my bike rest this race and run my teammates bone stock '02 R6. Yup, that is right FEVER, I ran an R6.

In practice we had a 208 GP-A Star front (magic tire) and it felt amazing...stuck like glue and didn't wear at all. At the lunch break we swapped out tires and went to a new 208 GP front (which is availabe to all us little folk). When I went out (2nd leg) I nearly dropped the bike in turn one because it felt COMPLETELY different! Anyhow, I never really felt comfortable after the change so I was only able to run 16's with a few 15's....Yes, im slow!

I think it was my 3rd lap out, I did a little dirt tracking after blowing turn 12, but keep it up, re-grouped and got back out.

When my leg was up, I went into the pits to find that no one was ready, so I just kept on rolling right back out for two more laps. It actually worked out, because on my second lap, I saw a guy who was out of control all day long blow turn 12, bike went end over end and hit another bike coming out of turn 13....RED FLAG.

Our foul up in the pits, worked out because now we got a free pit stop.

I was glad when my first leg was over and my partner went back out turning consistent 14's.

On my second leg, the tires were going and the bike started pushing in the turn, I lost the front exiting the carosel, but manage to bounce off me thigh and knee to get the bike back up.
After that, I just kinda set the bike on cruise control to finish the race. With 10 minutes left, the low fuel light came on, so I really had to conserve the fuel to finish the race. After the team ahead of us crashed out, I knew I just needed to finish the race for a good finish.

We ended up 2nd in our class (MW) and 4th overall....I was pleased to say the least!

So, we have a 3rd and a 2nd for the season and both teams that finished 1st crashed out the other race....so we are 1st in points for now......really helps to finish the race!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
good report now clean out ur PM box

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Matt love the new sig.

Can't wait to meet you guys.

Hey Matt and Stale, I will be staying up north of akron for a few days in June for work. We need to meet up and have few drinks. (one round on me). I am still planning on making the WERA even at nelson in August so you can laugh your a$$ off at how slow I will be.

16's if I am lucky.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Matt love the new sig.

Hey Matt and Stale, I will be staying up north of akron for a few days in June for work. We need to meet up and have few drinks. (one round on me). I am still planning on making the WERA even at nelson in August so you can laugh your a$$ off at how slow I will be.

16's if I am lucky.
thatll put ya right in front of matt

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matt love the new sig.

16's if I am lucky.
thatll put ya right in front of matt
I made the mistake of using my bike for practice all day with good suspension then racing on a stock bike with stock suspension and only 2 laps on it before the race.

No excuses...i wouldn't be turning 12's regardless, but 14's are not out of reach.

Gix...good thing you put a disclaimer on buying "one round" because stale might drink you broke!
let us know!

chad...slow and consistent got us on the podium and a $6 trophy...what did your fast laps get you?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
a BIG HEAD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts