Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Could be. I'd check electrical first though it's easier. How does the plug look? I think it's unlikely that you have one carb suddenly not working right. They don't lose synch like that as far as I know.
Start with a plug check, then check your wires and coils, then your electronics. All you need is a ohmmeter/voltmeter.
GoodLuck Astro!

EDGE__

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Yeah is the plug wet? when did this all start happenin? did you do anything to your bike lately? also do you have fuel filters installed?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no actually i had to start the bike a few days. the plug was dry with a bit of grey. i installed a Unifilter replacement because the stock filter was OFF... I took the bike for a spin a couple hours ago and run like a dream WTF?????????????

::D i think i have a haunted bike

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Sometimes the stock coils, when old, can develop a frustrating fault. A crack in one of the windings can exist, but when cool, the contact is still made. Once the engine heats up, like a thermostat, the expansion of the coil and its windings can cause the cracked winding ends to pull apart, with the resulting FUCKING frustration of cylinders cutting out....grrrrrrr.

In other words, you can have spark when cold, or just started, but it can go away once the beastie warms up and shits itself.

Good luck, just my two cents worth

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Unless he had a freak piece of crud screwing up his carb (float needle or jets) and it decided to dislodge itself and clear up. If it doesn't happen again that's what I'd think. How bout a trying a coil check while they're hot?
Good luck. Hope you fix the prob

EDGE_

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im glad it works good now... all that work and cant ride it sucks!

here is another shot i took a few min ago...

by the way anyone has a left bottom side bracket for the fairings? mine missing and at ronayers cant find a part # for this item!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
can we get a closer pic of that catch can astro?

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Astro, now you got me curious, I get alot of vapors escaping my aluminum endurance tank I wonder if that reservoir would eliminate the fumes?
Bobbychet

1 - 20 of 21 Posts