Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a member here years ago when I had my 97 600, but I've been on the honda bandwagon for the last 5 years.

I got my 750 about 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking about selling my 06 600rr track bike. If I were to sell the track bike the 750 would have to pull double duty as both my street and track bike.

If you had ~4K to spend on mods for a track/street 750 what would you do?

I'll have to budget some cash for a set of sharkskinz and paint, that will run me about $1500 I think.

So with the remaining $2500-$3000 give me some help.

Remember "track bike" not "show bike" Thanks!

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Well I would go with this stuff in this order

Adjust Suspension $FREE
Brembo master cyclinder $250
Goodridge -2 lines $150
good brake pads $80
RBF600 fluid $17
Exhaust$500
PCIII$250
Rear sets$400
Custom dyno map $150
Windscreen $70
Grips $10
:cheers

·
Registered
120 Posts
$1500 in bodywork and paint??? :eek :eek

isn't that a lot? i plan on spending 400-500euros bodywork + 100 on paint.

that must be a really good paintjob u are going to get.

the rest of the money...suspensions and brakes for sure !!:punk

·
Registered
103 Posts
SergioGSX said:
$1500 in bodywork and paint??? :eek :eek

isn't that a lot? i plan on spending 400-500euros bodywork + 100 on paint.

that must be a really good paintjob u are going to get.

the rest of the money...suspensions and brakes for sure !!:punk
I know this is a real squid question but what's wong with our stock brakes? I haven't had the 750 to the track yet but when I had my '01 600 at the track, the brakes were awesome- I'm not the fastest on the track by any stretch but I worked the brakes a little.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bucky said:
sell the 750 & buy a 1000 & still have some $$$ for a pipe, map,spkts & more.

I got rid of a 1000 (cbr) to get the 750. I think the 750 is the best of both worlds.

The reason I'm willing to spend so much on the bodywork is because I'm going to run the race glass on the street. I'll rig up a headlight and a taillight. But the bike will need to look good.

So ditch the stock suspension, or have it modified?

·
Registered
508 Posts
suspension (front/rear) penske/ohlins triples, brembo mc, ss lines, Vesrah SJRL pads, gearing, ohlins, damper, spare set of wheels and spare windscreen (Makes it easy to rotate for double duty), bodywork, exhaust, mapping....and tires/trackday fees/race fees

·
Registered
31 Posts
Suspension (specially rear)
braded lines
exhaust - full system (Akrapovic)
PCIII
steering damper
520 chain conversion
-1 on front
rear fender eliminator
oggy knobs - front and rear to double up as stand lift points
some decent tools and stands
tyre warmers

then I reckon your all set for a day at the track.

if your not going to track it, spend the money on some kewl looking leathers instead that are super comfy for your road riding and do a fender eliminator and take off the rear pillion pegs, u and the bike combo will look lok your going fast standing still !

-Flash-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
knocker said:
:nono :nono
Keep the track bike.
That is honest advice. And I may just do that.

I've been riding for the last 15 years, 12 of those on the street. I'm by no means a pro, but I can hold my own. So suspension front and rear, maybe a slip on, a PCIII, and some rearsets would be a good start.

Here is a pic of me last weekend at barber on the 600.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Just a question, but if your CBR is a track-only bike, why are you running PP's (street-oriented tires)? Frankly, $4K isn't much of a track budget when you consider your start-up costs of track plastics/paint, tires, track fees, potential crashes can happen, spare parts, etc.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I would say keep the track bike, and then keep the 750 for a daily ride without the headaches of putting it through trackdays.

-Andrew

·
Registered
481 Posts
OK, EXCELLENT QUESTION!!!

+1 Keep the track bike.

Double your budget to about $7-8K...hehe.

+1 BST CF wheels (j/k...but I'm getting them...and if you double your budget, then you're in there)

OK, NOW seriously. I am in a similar boat, brand new 750 that I want to go 60% street and 40 % track. If I can come across a deal on a 600 track bike, I am gonna do it...hence my first suggestion. But, that said...

Suspension - Penske or Ohlins (maybe Elka) shock. Revalve/spring forks.
Brembo Master Cylinder
Ohlins Damper
Full exhaust, PC III, Ignition Advance, Quick Shifter

My .02

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.