Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question for the day is this:

Do 49 state cams make a big difference? How much horse power do california bikes sacrifice because of all the changes made to their engines? Specificly, those cams?

Thanks for any feedback folks.

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i think maybe the 98 was the last bike to use differant cams..but id doubt if anyone could tell the differance..

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Per Jeff, since the FI came on the bikes they have been using the same cams for ca and 49 state bikes..

John

·
Registered
168 Posts
So whats the differance on a 49 state bike and the bikes in cali??

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
california bikes have the evaporative emissions system. no power differences (fuel injected bikes only).

[ 09-19-2002, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: jeff ]

·
Registered
168 Posts
So do the 49 state bikes have the pair system too?? Is there any way to remove that evaporative thing u said?? (13000+ posts DAMN)

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
from what im told and seen on the dyno...49 state cams add about 7hp as compared to ca cams on the 99-00 600 gsxr.

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
Is there any way to remove that evaporative thing u said??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah, the can is located on the throttle side, inside the rear cowl by the seat, remove the seat & you'll see the mount for it.You also have to remove the rear cowl. there'll be 3 lines coming off the can. trace them down 2 go to T's & into the throttle bodies. you can just loop the connections @ the throttle bodies, & remove the lines. the 3rd line goes to the fuel tank. just unplug from can & vent to atmosphere. I use a little breather filter.
Goodluck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts