Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a couple forums open on this and I have had a read of them but did anyone actually find the final fault or the best course of action when I went into the dealer the said they didnt know and would just put it on the computer and see if anything has been logged?

When I get into the 4500-5000rpm range (sometimes a little higher or lower) the bike stutters or convulses the power drops off completely and the engine braking slows the bike down, then i jumps back on the power.
No FI light so no point putting it in dealer mode. What happens at about this rpm range that would make it different than higher/lower as it doesn't happen outside of those ranges.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks nighttrain im going to pull all that part out this weekend. But strange that it happens at that rpm range only

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys so I did an oil change on the bike and it fixed those problems...
Any idea on how that would help the situation.

I'm lost (but quite happy).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Was the oil overfilled? Some have posted weird issues when that's happened. Was the airbox and filter clean? No residue?

·
Registered
17 Posts
strange I just had this issue on the ride home from work sunday. oil light was on only at stop lights, So I will be pulling plugs, and doing oil change to see if it fixes issue. I thought it may be bazzazz box but everything seemed to be ok with that..ill update you guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts