Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a dealer Saturday to pick up some oil and a filter. Figured while I was at it I better get a air filter until he told me how much it was. I figured for another $20 I'd get a K&N or BMC or something.

Am I just cheap or is this crazy!!!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Yep. That's about right for RRP, even in AUST

Reason why i use a K&N is the fact that they're reuseable

KaTz

[ 10-07-2002, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: KaTz ]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sound like that must be a normal price. I guess I never had to price one before. I always bought a K&N or something.

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
Yeah it's bullshit. I went to my dealer and he told me how much an OEM filter was, so I spent $5 more and ordered a K&N

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Same situation here in south africa ,the oem air filter is about 75% of the cost of the k&n which is reusable..its crazy paying the oem prices. check out the ronayres web site ,i think the k&n is priced at 45 $ for the 98/9 model.

cheers

·
Registered
658 Posts
Go ahead and buy it, cause it will be worth it in the long run. But that sounds about right.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Hey where is bob?? LOL I am waiting for the post about how you are going to loose power..

Anyhow.. Yea they rip you off for the stock filter and the K&N works just as good... There is a dyno chart on here someplace with a before and after a K&N filter.. no other changes... The K&N dropped .5 peak HP. To me the 50 bucks everytime I need to replace my filter isnt worth .5hp. Also, I think that if you had a map made, or jet the bike for the K&N you would get that .5hp back no problem.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts