Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I purchased an alpinestars alloy jacket, and it served me good until my buddy who was using it wrecked one night. The jacket is in good condition, but he had it halfway zipped and the zipper broke off. All the little teeth are OK, it looks like I can just buy a heavy duty zipper and replace it. Does anyone know if this is possible?

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
If all the teeth are okay, you might get away with just replacing the actual slider portion alone. Take it into a tailor. I had that happen on a leather jacket (not a bike jacket) and it was like a two minute job to replace it. If not, you need a tailor that can work with leather to replace the entire zipper. Custom leather places should be able to hook ya up too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If all the teeth are okay, you might get away with just replacing the actual slider portion alone. Take it into a tailor. I had that happen on a leather jacket (not a bike jacket) and it was like a two minute job to replace it. If not, you need a tailor that can work with leather to replace the entire zipper. Custom leather places should be able to hook ya up too.
Thanks for the info, I will definitely check it out.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
No prob'. Good luck.

I was all prepared to pay for a new zipper, and the girl there started hunting around in a drawer. They even had the right colour in stock. I didn't know they could replace them. Seems a common thing, from her reaction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts