Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is 3900 enough miles to switch to full syn oil??

i picked up some mobil full synthetic and i was wondering if i have enough miles already to make the switch>???

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think so. I was going to switch mine @ 3600 but couldn't find synthetic bike oil anywhere. Which Mobil did you get, the MX4t, and if so where did you find it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Damn, I'm gonna do the switch at 3k. I will be running Repsol Racing Oil (for my track days). My oil change schedule looked/s like this:

600 Miles: Standard Oil Change
1200 Miles: Standard Oil Change
1800 Miles: Syn-Blend Oil Change
2400 Miles: Syn-Blend Oil Change
3000 Miles: Full Synthetic Oil Change (Coming Up)

Seemed pretty logical to me. Hopefully that is the way to go! The early oils were made by Honda as recommended by my sales guy and then when I started with the synthetic blend I made the switch to Repsol.

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
In my personal experience the bike feels smoother running full synth. You know how smooth it feels with a fresh dino-oil change? It's like that, except it doesn't fade as much between intervals.
Also, 5000 mile intervals are nice too.
I waited until 15K.

·
Registered
81 Posts
im not gonna be going synthetic...i dont think it makes a difference.

That and the dealer told me that the gixxers dont like synthetic...i dunno how true it is...but I noticed no difference in my R6.

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
That and the dealer told me that the gixxers dont like synthetic...i dunno how true it is...but I noticed no difference in my R6.
He probably told you $10,000 OTD was a good price on a new 600 too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.