Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to ask the oil-cooled GURUS which carbs you guys and gals have had better success with on our type bikes????

I do not think it would depend on the cc's of the motor but if it does I am going to have one bike at around 1255cc and the other bike will be 1216cc or 1340cc.

Thanks guys and gasl ahead of time....

JDB1371

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Being a bit of an over acheiver, I have a set of Keihin 41mm's...haven't fired them up yet, witing to pull the motor apart for the re-build, but the carbs look great,smooth action on the slides...
-Karl

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have had the 40mm Mikuni flatslides on a 1340cc for about 3 years now and haven't had any problems. I have a set of 41mm Keihins but I haven't tried them yet, I doubt there is a hole lot of difference in performance between the two. If you are using the bike for everyday riding the Keihins might be a little nicer because of the rollerbearing slides, but if you are going to purchase a new set of either the Mikunis are alot cheaper. Good Luck

[ 06-21-2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: GSXR1340 ]

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GSXR1340,

Thanks for the info.

I am still debating which one to go with. I will be using the bike mainly for street as far as both bikes go, but may use the larger one for some 1/8 or 1/4 fun every once in a while.

If you decide to sell either set you have let me know..

Thanks,

JDB1371

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
as far as performance they are about the same...but here is where the difference is between the two...the keihins are alot easier to tune and not as sensitive to weather change...mikunis will change on you in a heart beat...go with the keihins 39 or 41mm...

thanks,
dwayne

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
ive had both, the mikunis clatter alot, sounds like your valvetrain is coming apart, the keihins are much quieter so you can actually tell the diff between valve noise and carb noise also they are much smoother operating.

·
Registered
978 Posts
keihins =$905.00

mikuni =$579.00

same performance i think i have tryed both and no differnce except smotheness on the slides
i would go mikuni

my 2 cents
JIMMY

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GSXR1340,

Any chance that you tried the 41 keihins on the GSXR 1100???

Wanted to know what you thought and buy whatever set you may not want....

Let me know..

JDB1371

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jay,

Thanks for the web address, I am familiar with the website. Has about everything you need for the GSXR's and and so on, but I was tyring to get some advice from the guys & gals here in gixxer.com to find out which set of carbs they have had the best performance gains out of.....

Plus, if anyone had a set of these carbs used, I would be glad to purchase them from them, because Keihins new are VERY PRICEY!!!!

Thanks,

JDB1371

1 - 11 of 11 Posts