Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a washer that goes below the main jet?

Do the GSXR carbs say BST36??? on them or 41C1 K172 like mine?

Thanks
GregW

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I never paid much attention to the writing on the outside of my carbs... but there is not a washer under the main jets in my 36's on my `89 1100. It sounds like someone put some 41mm carbs on your bike? One thing I use a lot when I want to see exploded-view diagrams of stuff is http://www.bikebandit.com ...but be warned... if you're gonna buy OEM suzuki parts, bikebandit charges a *LOT* more for `em than Ron Ayers does.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
washer under the main jet.....not on mine !

Yeh looks like you've got 41 mm's on there

Andy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
washer under the main jet.....not on mine !

Yeh looks like you've got 41 mm's on there

Andy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They measure at 36mm. Why would you say 41mm????

These did not come with the bike. They are going on the bike.

As usual I screwed myself by reading tons of info on 36mm carbs and I just wanna know why my carbs dont say "BST 36 ss" on them.

Also I think that the Specs on this site for 92 GSXR 1100 are wrong or the bike these carbs were on had them put on from something else.

Keep the answers comming guys

GregW

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
It's funny... After I read this post, I keep thinking about this, so I finally looked in the shop manual and found this:

...and then I went and looked for the "I.D.#" on my carbs, and lo-and behold there it was:

40c10
K911

I dunno what it means, but nowhere on my carbs does it say "BST36SS" although I am certain that my carbs are the OE 36mm Mikuni "slingshot" carbs. I think the numbers you're seeing are just Mikuni's "I.D. #" so they know what model year and country your carbs were meant for.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I realize now that most of the specs on the net are for NON-US stuff. And to this day I have not seen "bst XX XX" on any carb for a GSXR. Is there somone with a US spec model that can prove me wrong.

I wish we could get a list of the "real carb numbers" Not that bst crap and post them all on this site. US spec that is. It would be extremely friggin helpfull. If I ever get this shit box going (86 750) I will be lookin for an 1100 to go nutz on next winter. A list like that would be very helpfull at the junkyard lookin for carbs...Or online.... But I could be wrong about the bst thing

Anyone got a spec sheet and good diagram for a 92 1100 US spec. Just want a complete set of info if I ever go to sell the bike.

GregW

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Hey Greg, I've got spec sheets on all the US model 1100's from `89 - `92 in the suzuki shop manual. I looked at the `92 1100 U.S. specs, and that's the 41C1 (your carbs). I can scan and email you the stuff from the manual if you want it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fast Cat, That would be ULTRA-COOL. I am keeping a 3 ring binder with all the non 86 stuff on the bike.

I knew these came off of the 92 but just wonderd why some dudes say "hey look for the BST XX XX on the carbs when it not gonna be there. You could say I have had a carb war with this bike.

Thanks Again man.

I run my own web-server with extremely fast con.

If you ever wanna share that carb info or any thing else let me know. I would be more than happy to post stuff to a site on my server.

[email protected]

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
the '41c1' is part of a suzuki part number (denoting '92 1100).

'bst36ss' is a mikuni model designation, but i think that's just for the main body of the carbs....bst36ss's are used on a bunch of other bikes, not just suzukis. mikuni may use the same carb body for its other oem customers, but the internals could be very different, so going by just 'bst36ss' doesn't really help much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts