Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having just spent a small fortune on my bike,i thought i would up rate the brakes by bulking them up to the normal 320mm rotors. as k3 riders will prob know,the brakes are not all that great with a slight vibration from the front when coming to a stop. i thought putting bigger rotors on would make the brakes better but no its made the vibration worse. any ideas what to do?

·
Banned
564 Posts
a radial mount master cylinder will help out a bunch as well as some different pads. did you install braided lines? the 03 1000 brakes had a few issues due to piston size in the calipers. if you can find a set of 04 calipers your feel will get better but not as good as the new 05.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Braking do a kit to fit 320mm wave discs, consists of 2 discs, 4 x spacers and longer bolts. Just ordered 2 sets to go on my K3 OZ's so I can fit them on my K5. £310 a set. 40 days delivery though. Give Nick at DND a ring on 01531 650969

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
geordiemark- are you the one who got a PCIII off me? i got Galfer discs off ebay.com £270 new. got 10mm longer bolts from bolt shop and got spacers off a mate. HEL lines on too. 40 days to deliver????????????????????????

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yep, that would be me. Braking charge same for kit with bolts and spacers as they do for just 2 discs, so bought kit rather than pay less for discs then have to mess round getting other stuff. No kits in uk at present, 40 day delivery is a max, hopefully before that.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts