Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just bought a new bike that came with 3 helmets.

Icon XS
KBC XS
Suomy XS

Im thinking I may need at least one size larger (small). But not sure.

When I put these all on, they definetly hug my checks, but so much to when I open my mouth and try to close back down I feel like I could chomp down on the sides of my mouth LOL.

Should my checks be that much hugged or should I at least be able to open and close my mouth without pinching them?

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts
Your wearing used helmets? Yuck!

They should squeeze your cheeks. If its caving your face in then they may be too tight.
Your helmet should fit tight while not giving you head aches.

Also. ....smell and lice are not options on these helmets.

Edit: go to a reputable motorcycle accessory store and try on some helmets (eagle leather). Hard to see how things fit with 3 XS helmets. Call sport bike track gear (premium sponsor of gixxer.com). They will be able to help you out alot. When getting a helmet make an informed decision. You spent thousands on your bike. Don't cheap out on your brain.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
toss the helmets. buy a new one. look up fitting instructions on youtube.

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts
Other thing about used helmets is you don't know if they ever had an impact. yeah you can usually tell but what about that 1 helmet where you can't tell and it has a structural deficiency?

Don't go cheap on motorcycle gear, birth control, or criminal attorneys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I measured my head an inch above eyebrows, like youtube videos describe, my size is 22.5
According to size charts online of main brand helmets I would be a size medium.
Does anyone suggest I go with a small just in case charts are oversized, or do they all seem to be pretty accurate from their sizing charts?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Those cahrts are sometimes close and other times not, depending on the brand and even model of helmet within a brand. We have guys that wear medium in Arai, but have to go Large in a Shoei and small in HJC. Just just have to try them on, as VooDoo posted.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
I measured my head an inch above eyebrows, like youtube videos describe, my size is 22.5
According to size charts online of main brand helmets I would be a size medium.
Does anyone suggest I go with a small just in case charts are oversized, or do they all seem to be pretty accurate from their sizing charts?
You really need to try on helmets as both size and shape are important. Different helmets have different shapes to suite your head. Once you know what helmet fits, then you can order online. I have been wearing Arai since 1994 so I know exactly what to get.

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts
Yeah I just took pics and going to post them online to sell.
Please don't sell them. You don't know about their safety. .... Why give them to another rider?

Take a hammer and beat the crap outta them (so people can tell they are garbage. Pretend they are an ex boyfriend or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
VooDoo Child
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing