Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canyon Carvers rejoice! This is for you.

Rode the CA Highway 243 last weekend.. Got 55 minutes of footage of the 243, 74 and Sage Rd. This short clip is the last few minutes of the 243 before we get to Pine Cove. I got out front and really got to twist the wrist a little.. this is only the 8th time I've travelled the road in this direction and can't wait to go back as i love this road. Fast and loooooong.

The rest of the video will come soon. Gots lots of editing to do.

Click it or save it.. 3:25 minutes and 22 megs.

Crazy Canyon Fun

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Awesome footage as usual from you there Pestilence! That road looks like alot of fun!
Just wondering do you mount your camera with a tank mount ? I have a helmetcam that plugs into my camcorder which i carry in the trunk of the gixxer and run the wires to the camera stuck to the side of my helmet! Only problem is there's no sound operating this way. Now i have the problem of trying to make a tank mount that will work around the steering damper! Any suggestions or any tankmounts that you know of that don't rely on the 2 front tank bolts to be held in place? Thanx

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Sweet vid that needs to be taken to the track!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wondering do you mount your camera with a tank mount ?
Yes I do.. it cost me $3.25

It's a piece of Oak wood that I cut to shape with a jigsaw to fit around the gas cap. Used 3 of the dummy bolts in the gas cap to bolt it in place. The camera mounts to the wood using a bolt threaded into the tripod hole on the bottom of the cam. To reduce vibrations I put some rubber between the tank/mount/cam.

Been using this set up for 2.5 yrs now.
Looks like this:

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Just wondering do you mount your camera with a tank mount ?
Yes I do.. it cost me $3.25

It's a piece of Oak wood that I cut to shape with a jigsaw to fit around the gas cap. Used 3 of the dummy bolts in the gas cap to bolt it in place. The camera mounts to the wood using a bolt threaded into the tripod hole on the bottom of the cam. To reduce vibrations I put some rubber between the tank/mount/cam.

Been using this set up for 2.5 yrs now.
Looks like this:
Haaa! That's pretty simple! Good job, the only problem i have is the steering damper would probably be in the way I may try to make one a little different , maybe shorter or something! Thanx for the pic!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great vid, but that quick in shirt sleeves ?????
Yeah I hear ya.. I rode 150 miles to meet this group of "fast guys" to film this road and I get there and are greeted by a t-shirt and jeans ride leader who also wasn't wearing gloves..
I'm a gear nazi so you can imagine how I felt. A good friend had to restrain himself all day from going postal on them. He's an MSF instructor for the Navy and wanted soooooooo bad to rip them a new one but realized it would do no good.
Figured what the hey.. i rode all the way here so may as well have some fun and shoot some vid.

Theirs 20 minutes of ride behind footage before the 3 minutes of this vid.. that's coming soon so the gear nazis had better load up on ammo for the 10 minute final vid.

Caper, yeah it's that simple

Do you have one of the steering head dampers like the GPR?
Make the mount a little shorter but not so short that you have to zoom the cam to see past the edges of the windscreen. With zoom comes more shakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.