Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from my 2nd track day in 2 months. I'm soo freaking tired and :sleep Anyone who's been there k nows how rough that track is. Other then one of my buddy low side on his
K6 1K, everything eles was :punk Here's a few pictures.

I think there were 30 turns..forgot what turn this was..

my buddies behind me

my buddie riding bit(h after the crash

·
Registered
481 Posts
great pics and great form for your 2nd trackday. looks like you guys were rockin it.

hey, was it hot!?! LOL! im headed to pahrump this weekend. weather.com says 30 percent chance of snow.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had fun. Condition of the track wasn't all that. It was in the upper 90s. Where is Pahrump?

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I was slated to be at that track day w/a couple other TrackDaz staff guys, but had to bail due to occupational commitments.

Both guys said they loved the track...kept going on and on about some section called hoot&holler or some chit.

Anyway, looking good out there Kid. Nice to see another local boy taking it to the track.:cheers:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Reno-Fernley rules. Did my first (and only so far) trackday there and it is great. Can't wait to get out there on my K5 1K now. Going this month.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Poach. After 2 track days, riding on the street/hills/canyons just dosen't cut it for me anymore. Where in Central Cal are you from?

I didn't really like this track. Too many blind corners and the condition of the track was way too bumpy. Plus it's too long of a drive for me.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
^Buttonwillow is closest...about an hour and 45min. One of my favorites for sure

Laguna...about 2.5hr. Spendy, but worth it once in awhile.

WSIR and Streets...2.5hr. One will teach you to be comfortable with speed...one will challange your cornering abilities

CaliSpeed....about 3.5hrs. Basically a parking lot with one big high banked straight. But wfo 3ft from the wall, then chucking your carcass into the T1 chicane should be experienced by everybody at least once. Total rush...

Thunderhill....about 3.5hr. Totally kickass track...buttonwillow on steroids.

Sears(infinion)...about 4hr. Never been there.

Travel time aside...my favorite to least favorite
1. Buttonwillow/THill tie
2.Laguna
3.Streets
4.WSIR
5.Calispeed

Thre's the info...now go kick some ass. When it's time for WSIR, Button, or streets...come ride with us. www.trackdaz.com

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks G. I'll still in the learning process.

Thunder Hill was the first track we hit up. Awe man, I can ride that track all day. Can't wait to go there again.

·
Registered
481 Posts
^

Travel time aside...my favorite to least favorite
1. Buttonwillow/THill tie
2.Laguna
3.Streets
4.WSIR
5.Calispeed

Thre's the info...now go kick some ass. When it's time for WSIR, Button, or streets...come ride with us. www.trackdaz.com
Not sure where you live, buy if CaliSpeedway is 3.5hr from you, then Pahrump is prolly about 4hr. Cool track.

Poach, if you have hit Pahrump, what did you think? If not, you guys should check it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
fratellobp
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing