Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone that's tried to replace mirrors on a 2nd gen (88-90 750, 89-90 1100) knows it's not easy, the aftermarket companies don't make a stock replacement and OEM ones are really expensive and rare. Too make a long story short after a lot of looking around I tried mounting a pair of late-model R6 mirrors (I used 2002 but I think any of the R1 or R6 mirrors would work) on mine and it worked great. The Yamaha R series is one of the few bikes where the mirrors mount to a horizontal surface like on the GSXR so they fit well and don't stick out at funny angles. I had to drill an extra 10mm hole in the fairing and mount since the mount holes are closer together than the GSXR but other than that it was a bolt on fit using the Yamaha hardware and it looks stock. The rubber boot on the base of the mirror totally covers the unused original mount hole so no bodywork or filler required. The mirrors look pretty sleek and give good visibility and are readiliy available both OEM on eBay and in aftermarket versions.

If I get a chance I'll get some pictures of this but if you're looking for mirrors for these bikes you should look into it.

Matt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts