Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into my tranny last weekend and replaced the bad gears. Wasn't a tough job overall as long as you have the manual. It also helps to use an online schematics (like bikebandit ot Ron Ayers website) to see how everything fits back together. Replaced all of the bushings, bearings and c-clips and she just purrs. Next on the list is a 907 kit.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Glad to see you did it the smart way! Have fun

EDGE_

·
Registered
436 Posts
congtats! sounds like too much a job for me! most people sell their bikes when second gear goes! how much did it cost you to rebuild it? how long did it take you?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
got to ask SlickKat, whats the "907 Kit"?

·
Registered
436 Posts
the 907 kit is a big bore kit for the 750... makes the motor 907cc instead or 750cc the pistons are bigger, and has to be bored by a machine shop to match the pistons! probally be cheaper to get an 1100 motor and just drop it in... hope this answers your ?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, it's not a hard job to do at all (unless you include man-handling the motor up on the bench). I spent around 368 dollars on the gears (2nd, 3rd and 6th. Shoulda picked up 4th too though), bushings, bearings, c-clips and new seals for both shafts. I also spent another 50 on a set of used shift forks and the cam but didn't use them (so if anyone wants to attempt it, let me know if you need them). Only took a weekend with myself and one other person working on it. I can give ya a parts list and also some pics of what we did if you want.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Slick that information would make a great post in the Watercooler FAQ's
Can you submit it to our moderator?
Bobbychet

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sure, let me gin it up when I get home so I can match the pics to the words!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got my 97 1100 in a local speedshop right now for 2nd gear. It needs 2nd/5th shift fork shift drum, and I think thats it. Total will be like $1400. Yikes huh! Hope it makes you feel better about doing yours yourself. I just didn't feel like takin the time and hassles right now. I just decided to suck it in and pay.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
I did that very same thing too and was raped by the local bike shop $1600.00
I purchased a new 2nd and fifth gear off of e-bay so next time I'll do it myself.
Bobbychet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts