Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Richmond and i found a 2k2 for 6500. Now, this thing is mint....
Yellow and black
Double Bubble
Yosh full exhaust from headers back
Magnesium covers
Forget the suspension, but its after market i know...
brand new Dunlops
12k mileage and maintained by the same shop that originally sold it to the guy that bought it

What do you guys think? Good deal? They are throwing in a Scorpion Exos helmet for me too.

Help a brotha out...

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's definitely a good deal. More for the piece of mind that you know it's been well maintained. Have fun man, and be careful. I have one as well and they're monsters when you open that throttle up. Don't get cocky.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I'd try and get it below $6000. More like $5500 to $5700 range. Even though it has a lot of stuff on it, the value doesn't really go up on it. I just sold my wife 2002 Y/B Gix for $5000 with 7300 miles on it and I threw in a new helmet for the guy. It's all on what they have to have for the bike and what YOU feel good about spending. If you want a newer one in a year....... You will take a big hit on the bike to sell it. It soon will be 4 years old.

Get some pics of it!!

Rob

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Oh yeah....

Welcome to GDC!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After all of the hidden fees that this dealership decided they were going to try to stick me with, and the pos Vega helmet they were going to throw in, i decided not to get it. After it was all said and done it was over 7k. And well, i am not buying a used one for that much unless its got like 5k on it or so. Not to mention, its set up for the track, so i am kind of concerned about it getting some pretty hard miles on the track. Not that the track is a bad thing... but just another consideration when it comes to buying a bike...

So, now i am in the market for another one. Unless they call me tomorrow or something when they decided to change their mind. But here in Virginia, they really dont do that. Bikes sell for how much they ask pretty much.

I am totally approved for a new bike too... just kind of concerned about buying a new one and crashing it and it not being worth as much as the blue book will give me to pay it off. Not to mention, i kind of want my bike payment around 150/170. Thats where it would have been with the 02.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Sounds like it was a nice bike that could have more bad things in it's future for you than you wanted. For that price you can almost buy a new 600. If you would add another $1000, a better rate because it is new and not used......... Wala....... you have a new 600.

Are you wanting a 750 if you went new? I ask this because you should be able to get a new 600 for around $150 (at the most) or less a month..... depending on what or if you put a down payment + the interest rate.

Shoot to get a new Gixxer out the door for the MSRP of the bike. My 600 with TTL was $8099 OTD. That was not having to haggle with them or anything!! But that gives you a figure to shoot for a price. Don't get the extended warranty or shit like that. It's a waste of money. These bikes are built like a TANK! Take care of it and it will take care of you!

Have you had a sportbike before?

Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No i havent had a sport bike before. I have been riding a 250 for a little under a month now to get some street experience and i rode dirt back in the day. Im a big guy.... so i dont think a 600 will be enough. But then again, i havent ridden one... so i dont know... i do like the red.

Either way, im just gonna do a bunch of shopping and get this done very soon as my msf is at the end of may. I want my bike so i can ride it home from that and get a bit of country road time before i go to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.