Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have both a GSXR1000 K6 with full ohlins (frnt + rear) and alot of other performance mods, I also have an RGV250SP (VJ23 Model) with the full race kit and a ton of other parts. On some days I can get faster around tracks on the 250 than the 1000! They are that awesome in handling, breaking and the power is still great fun as they are so so agressive in powerband! I love the RGV more than the GSXR1000!! I use mostly my bikes on the track (phillip island....)

Cheers mate !! Go get one!

·
Touches wangs, because he touches his own
4,510 Posts
icycold said:
I have both a GSXR1000 K6 with full ohlins (frnt + rear) and alot of other performance mods, I also have an RGV250SP (VJ23 Model) with the full race kit and a ton of other parts. On some days I can get faster around tracks on the 250 than the 1000! They are that awesome in handling, breaking and the power is still great fun as they are so so agressive in powerband! I love the RGV more than the GSXR1000!! I use mostly my bikes on the track (phillip island....)

Cheers mate !! Go get one!
Philip Island!! You lucky Bastage!!

Grav.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
250's are fun as hell. Absolutely a blast to ride, makes GSXR/R6/CBR/ZX bikes feel like dump trucks because they are so heavy.

mine weighed 239 lbs last year with one unit of fuel. combined with ~70 hp, power to weight of a gsxr750 and the chassis to boot.

you can find them on ebay, tz250racing.com, usgpru.net, wera.com etc etc etc there are plenty around to buy.

get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
get one! youll love it, and your bank account might hate you. in my opinion everyone should race one atleast for a few months..i doubt i will ever enjoy riding a bike as much as i did my honda rs250..

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
thomus said:
get one! youll love it, and your bank account might hate you.
bank account? I guess you haven't competitively raced a 600 or 1000 and seen the tire bills and crash bills. Every time you crash a diesel its bars, levers, pegs, subframe, bodywork, etc.

125s and 250s are much easier on tires (well, a built 250 or if you are competitive on a 250 will eat tires sorta like a 600), and they crash NICE.

the tire bill alone of a gsxr1000 off-sets any loot I spend on pistons, rings and clutch plates.

·
Registered
508 Posts
20k for a 250cc bike.... thats a little steep for my taste.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
20k for a BRAND NEW 250 bike. And when buy a new GP bike, it has enough spare stuff to keep a bike racing for at LEAST one full year of hard racing. Spare crank, spare cylinders, pistons, rings, clutches, seals, gaskets, other parts galore, etc etc etc

3 years ago I bought my 94 bike for $5k with enough crash spares that have kept me going for 3 years! The only thing that wasnt perfect with my deal is i didnt get spare wheels.

wow, look at this bad boy for sale. http://www.animotion.com/stuff/tz250/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.