Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been riding my 250cc and Honda GROM for a few years now and was wondering if making the jump to a 750 would be to much. Maybe pick up a 600cc? I'm 5'10 170lbs. I just think the GSXR 750 looks really bad ass.
Thanks,
-Jay

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,844 Posts
Should be fine, but it also entirely depends on how responsible you are as a rider. Let's face it, almost every 250 and the Grom are turds in both acceleration and speed. So when you first get on even a 600, let alone a 750, it's really easy to be enticed by the power and make very bad choices that have very bad consequences.
A 750 shouldn't be too much, but you will need to exercise both caution and responsibility when you ride one.

·
Administrator
13,303 Posts
Have you ever thrown a leg over a supersport ???

Might pay to go test ride one first ... I know a few folks who romanced the idea of owning a supersport but once they finally got one they hated it !!!

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I would say a step up to a 600 would be a much better choice.

How many miles did you put on the 250?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hello,

I've been riding my 250cc and Honda GROM for a few years now and was wondering if making the jump to a 750 would be to much. Maybe pick up a 600cc? I'm 5'10 170lbs. I just think the GSXR 750 looks really bad ass.
Thanks,
-Jay
The sensible choice would be something like an SV650, a Honda Hornet or a Fazer 600 as this will be your first "big" bike. A 600cc sports bike is _very_ fast in comparison to a 250cc.

What do you want the bike for, will you be commuting or is it for weekend fun only?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd personally recommend stepping up in intervals vs. making a jump. It's a hell of a difference between a 500cc like a kawi ninja 500r vs a super sport such as the Gsxr 750. With the resale value of most bikes it worth to just take your time increasing.

Best of luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts