Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has tried the sportmax GP's? thougts? what is the price difference at the track?

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
price diff is about $100.

i like the new SportMax (aka the 209)

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
I wish they would drop the price on them, when they do thats when I will switch

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
dude i have ridden on the 259 set and the more expensive ones, and yes you can tell the difference, i'm not fast by any means but if i were doing 4 seconds slower i'd stick with the 259/set as a matter of fact that's what'll do this weekend...

·
The Shocker
5,211 Posts
I wish I could test them.. but since I'm using the slicks, and I'm not falling off the thing everytime I ride it anymore.. I'm sticking with the slicks.. its just a confidence thing..

My team-mate seems to like the 209's though.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
dude i have ridden on the 259 set and the more expensive ones, and yes you can tell the difference, i'm not fast by any means but if i were doing 4 seconds slower i'd stick with the 259/set as a matter of fact that's what'll do this weekend...
Ive been running the 180 US gpa's, I think this weekend I am going to try the Us front and a 190 UK rear. Ever run a 190?

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Ive been running the 180 US gpa's, I think this weekend I am going to try the Us front and a 190 UK rear. Ever run a 190?
that's all i run and love it, it's a confidence thing that allows me to open the gas alot sooner...

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Don't forget, you'll need to change your geometry if you're going from the 180 to the 190.

I've gone with the 190 myself.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Don't forget, you'll need to change your geometry if you're going from the 180 to the 190.

yup yup gecker is correct!!!! 4-5 mms

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

yup yup gecker is correct!!!! 4-5 mms

I talked to dunlop rep he says drop 6mm rear height, said usually its 2-3mm off the rear shock. So I have now 338mm is where my penske is set at for the 190 tire. I am use to 340, but took out 2mm out of the shock you think I should go lower?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts