Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the current bike carries over into 2021 with new graphics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes I was hoping for some enhanced electronics but unfortunately nothing updated at all, except the graphics which are stunning in the 100th Anniversary colours.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Suzuki's line up is looking really sad at this time. Hayabusa is 12 years old, 600/750 are going for their 10th year without any updates at all, the 1000 is on its 5th year, etc. Their "newest" bikes are just mild updates of older models, like the V-Strom and Katana, I don't think the future looks bright for Suzuki.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati StreetFighter V4s; 2020 Suzuki GSX-R1000R; 2019 BMW R1250GS HP
17 Posts
Suzuki's line up is looking really sad at this time. Hayabusa is 12 years old, 600/750 are going for their 10th year without any updates at all, the 1000 is on its 5th year, etc. Their "newest" bikes are just mild updates of older models, like the V-Strom and Katana, I don't think the future looks bright for Suzuki.
The last big revision of the ZX-10R was 2016
The last big revisions of the YZF-R1 was 2015
The Panigale V4 was 2018
The RSV4 is also around the same age on the evolution

They are 1-2 years newer than their Japanese competitors, excepting the new Honda.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You know they make other bikes, not only the GSXR 1000, right? Honda is about to launch a renewed 600RR while Kawasaki and Yamaha already did, Suzuki just announced the 600/750 will go on to their 10th year with no updates whatsoever.

When it comes to naked bikes Suzuki just added new plastics on the S750 (remove the plastics and its the same bike from 2011), bng on the S1000 (same bike from 2015) and the SV650 is a refreshed Gladius. Compare that to Kawasaki and the Z650/900, all new in 2017/18 and facelifted for 2020. The Katana and its 12 liter tank is nothing more than a S1000 with a tank that makes it useless, much more effort went into the Z900RS. Honda has three neo-retro bikes (300, 650 and 1000) and a true retro-old 11000.

Hayawhat? All I need to say is H2.

V-Strom 650 is basically the same bike since the V-Strom 650 was launched, at least they did redesign the V-Strom 1000. Yamaha built two middleweight bikes on that segment, what does Suzuki has to go against the Tracer 700 and Tenere 700? Honda has the Africa Twin that was a new design from the ground up, there are strong rumors of a new smaller derivative, and they already have the NC500 and NC750.

Their 250s are a joke, based on a painfully outdated engine. Reviews won't even bother with the V-Strom and GSXR 250; they won't touch them because there is nothing good to say about them.

I want Suzuki to do well, as most people on this site, but right now they have nothing that would make me walk into a Suzuki dealership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You know they make other bikes, not only the GSXR 1000, right? Honda is about to launch a renewed 600RR while Kawasaki and Yamaha already did, Suzuki just announced the 600/750 will go on to their 10th year with no updates whatsoever.

When it comes to naked bikes Suzuki just added new plastics on the S750 (remove the plastics and its the same bike from 2011), bng on the S1000 (same bike from 2015) and the SV650 is a refreshed Gladius. Compare that to Kawasaki and the Z650/900, all new in 2017/18 and facelifted for 2020. The Katana and its 12 liter tank is nothing more than a S1000 with a tank that makes it useless, much more effort went into the Z900RS. Honda has three neo-retro bikes (300, 650 and 1000) and a true retro-old 11000.

Hayawhat? All I need to say is H2.

V-Strom 650 is basically the same bike since the V-Strom 650 was launched, at least they did redesign the V-Strom 1000. Yamaha built two middleweight bikes on that segment, what does Suzuki has to go against the Tracer 700 and Tenere 700? Honda has the Africa Twin that was a new design from the ground up, there are strong rumors of a new smaller derivative, and they already have the NC500 and NC750.

Their 250s are a joke, based on a painfully outdated engine. Reviews won't even bother with the V-Strom and GSXR 250; they won't touch them because there is nothing good to say about them.

I want Suzuki to do well, as most people on this site, but right now they have nothing that would make me walk into a Suzuki dealership.
You know you are in the GSX-R1000 sub forum, on a thread about the 2021 GSX-R1000

You wanna complain about the 600/750, go to that sub forum and complain about how old they are

·
Registered
8 Posts
The last big revision of the ZX-10R was 2016
The last big revisions of the YZF-R1 was 2015
The Panigale V4 was 2018
The RSV4 is also around the same age on the evolution

They are 1-2 years newer than their Japanese competitors, excepting the new Honda.
BMW, Honda do have new superbikes. Kawasaki will surely announce the new super sport model at the beginning of October,not to mention the already refreshed models.Yamaha did a small but in the right direction upgrade of R1 this year.I'm pretty sure that Aprilia will announce something big too.
On 1st of January 2021 Euro 5 norms appy in EU for all models to be sold.As far as I managed to "find out" I see that the GSX-R will have the same design,just different paint schemes.
I don't know how will they get the Euro 5 homologation, probably a different map tune which will affect the power of the bike almost for sure.Some german magazines talked that there won't be another GSX-R until 2022-2023,so the current model can't be sold after 01.01.2021 in EU...but I did talked with a dealer two days ago and have some reliable information for me.
They have the new paint schemes for 2021 and will have more news for me in October,so Suzuki will probably sell them with Euro 5 homologation,same bike but different ECU map, or the second possibility : I saw the patent for for an updated Suzuki GSX-R1000 motor with a hydraulic variable valve timing system at the beggining of the year so I am surprised they have the same design for the bike in 2021,even if they put the new motor in it...
Anyway, not having a rear hugger from the factory and the Katana with its 12 liter tank is pure idiocity.
Also let's say not on L7 but on L8,L9 or M0 they could have put cruise control at least (it's not rocket science) and heated grips would have been welcomed too.
Waiting to see the news next month but I have the impression that my money will go for the new Kawasaki ZX-10R, if Suzuki won't truly update the GSX-R.
Or they may surprise me big time with a new Hayabusa / Falcon .

·
Registered
348 Posts
You know you are in the GSX-R1000 sub forum, on a thread about the 2021 GSX-R1000

You wanna complain about the 600/750, go to that sub forum and complain about how old they are
You know they have to turn a profit to be able to invest R&D money on a new GSXR 1000, right? Those lesser models unworthy of you are needed to keep Suzuki afloat and the GSXR alive. There wouldn't be a Panigale if it hadn't been for the myriad of Monsters Ducati made. MV is no longer making an F4, they just couldn't get enough money from the superbikes and they have shifted their focus to the smaller bikes to bring in more cash. That's why Suzuki's current lineup is worrying.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You know they have to turn a profit to be able to invest R&D money on a new GSXR 1000, right? Those lesser models unworthy of you are needed to keep Suzuki afloat and the GSXR alive. There wouldn't be a Panigale if it hadn't been for the myriad of Monsters Ducati made. MV is no longer making an F4, they just couldn't get enough money from the superbikes and they have shifted their focus to the smaller bikes to bring in more cash. That's why Suzuki's current lineup is worrying.

What does any of that have to do with you complaining about a 3 year old bike being older than its competition? You were shown the ages of the competition and decided to change your approach and start bagging on the smaller bikes. Again, go to the 600/750 sub-forum and complain there.

Now we are on Ducati's...
First Monster - 1992
First full faired Duc superbike - the 851 introduced in 1987, while not name a Panigale, it is the introduction of the Ducati full faired bikes.

So you just want to continually change your argument, that's just a waste of time for me to be in a discussion with you about.

How's this... you win... now go to the 600/750 forum and complain.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
actually the new v-strom 1050 got bike of the year - it is a total redesign - it is one of the best street bikes i have ever ridden. and has some very cool stuff carried over from the gsxr1k.

i like is so much i bought one for my self - that is saying something because i own the shop and can demo anything anytime. it is truly an amazing bike and not at all like the old ones.

that said im not crazy about the Katana. kind of just meh.
jason

·
Registered
10 Posts
All of the "big four" Japanese factories used to be on a two - year update, four - year new bike cycle. After the market crash, they have switched to a three - year update, six - year new bike cycle.

Going by that, we should expect an all - new GSX-R 1000 in 2022.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What does any of that have to do with you complaining about a 3 year old bike being older than its competition? You were shown the ages of the competition and decided to change your approach and start bagging on the smaller bikes. Again, go to the 600/750 sub-forum and complain there.

Now we are on Ducati's...
First Monster - 1992
First full faired Duc superbike - the 851 introduced in 1987, while not name a Panigale, it is the introduction of the Ducati full faired bikes.

So you just want to continually change your argument, that's just a waste of time for me to be in a discussion with you about.

How's this... you win... now go to the 600/750 forum and complain.
So, the GSXR 1000 is a 3 year old model? Introduced in 2017... It was produced in '17 (1), '18 (2), '19 (3), '20 (4) and now '21 (5). I'm no mathematician, but that looks like 5 years. Also, if you go and actually read my post, I'm concerned about Suzuki's entire lineup, because they are not bringing money to further develop new bikes. The rest of my posts were just supporting arguments to the same idea. It's a shame you can't comprehend that. I never said the GSXR 1000 was good or bad, just that their lineup is stale, I'm worried for Suzuki's future. If Suzuki goes belly up how many new GSXR 1000s do you think we will get in the future?

By the way, Ducati was in deep financial trouble in the late 80s, it was a hot mess that changed ownership three times in 10 years. The monster only arrived until 1993 and it was a parts bin special which now accounts for half of their sales. If it hadn't been a runaway success they would have gone bankrupt and there would have been no Ducati to develop the Panigale. I never said the Panigale was the first faired Ducati, did I?

But as all you want to hear is "gixxah 1000 best bike EV4R!" I'll leave you to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, the GSXR 1000 is a 3 year old model? Introduced in 2017... It was produced in '17 (1), '18 (2), '19 (3), '20 (4) and now '21 (5). I'm no mathematician, but that looks like 5 years. Also, if you go and actually read my post, I'm concerned about Suzuki's entire lineup, because they are not bringing money to further develop new bikes. The rest of my posts were just supporting arguments to the same idea. It's a shame you can't comprehend that. I never said the GSXR 1000 was good or bad, just that their lineup is stale, I'm worried for Suzuki's future. If Suzuki goes belly up how many new GSXR 1000s do you think we will get in the future?

By the way, Ducati was in deep financial trouble in the late 80s, it was a hot mess that changed ownership three times in 10 years. The monster only arrived until 1993 and it was a parts bin special which now accounts for half of their sales. If it hadn't been a runaway success they would have gone bankrupt and there would have been no Ducati to develop the Panigale. I never said the Panigale was the first faired Ducati, did I?

But as all you want to hear is "gixxah 1000 best bike EV4R!" I'll leave you to it.
Again talking just to argue...
The GSX-R1000 was revised in 2019 (1), 2020 (2), 2021 (3)...

As for me being, to quote you "But as all you want to hear is "gixxah 1000 best bike EV4R!" I'll leave you to it." Apparently you did not look at my avatar. But I'll list them for you

These are in my garage...

Panigale V4S
StreetFighter V4S
GSX-R1000R
Tiger 900 GT
Scrambler Icon Dark
R1250GS

Again I say... Go away and complain somewhere else

·
Registered
348 Posts
Why should I go anywhere, is this your forum, where only your opinion is valid? Should I go away so your feelings don't get hurt? Do you need a safe space?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why should I go anywhere, is this your forum, where only your opinion is valid? Should I go away so your feelings don't get hurt? Do you need a safe space?
So you've realized you are in the wrong space for your complaints about the 600 & 750, in which you were proven wrong multiple times. Then you got proven wrong by trying to pigeon hole me as a fervent gixxer fanboy.
Now you are in the personal attacks toward my emotional state.
Your lack of actual facts and posting based on your own feelings of motorcycle viability lends more toward your emotional well being than anything I have provided indicates toward mine.
Good job being a useless forum contributor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts