Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After researching the ecu flashes from all over and the other piggy back products I decided after my last ecu flashing disaster to just not do it. As much as I wanted a full system exhaust to get rid of some weight and a few nit picky things like the SET valve stuff I just caved in to my little voice in my head and just added the yosh Alpha T slipon. My last ordeal with FTECU and another ecu flash provider on my 2016 GSX-S1000 just left a bad taste in my mouth 3 ecu’s later and quite a bit of money thrown away. In the end the bike never really ran correctly in certain areas.

On the anniversary bike I have now I have no plans to track it or to race it. I bought it strictly for the livery, modern electronics and I wanted one more 1000cc sportbike before I throw in the towel with these things. It’ll just be a nice looking/riding street bike. It runs ok as is stock and way better with the big muffler off. I only have 285 miles on it and I’m pretty much through running it in. Engine is rather noisy, more so than any other GSXR 600/750/1000 I’ve had in the past. It’s under warranty so be it if it pops won’t be the first GSXR I’ve had go bad before the first 1000 miles.

I wasn’t even going to ditch the rear fender but got bored and ordered the yosh fender eliminator. Not the lightest or best looking one out there but it was setup to hold the stock blinkers. So I went with it. Lot of bikes getting radiator damage locally due to harsh southern winter and crap still all over the roads. So I added the Evotech radiator guard. Kind of a let down on the top mount setup. I’ve bought many of their products in the past and they always had good fit. Pain in the butt to install on the GSXR however. Fairing removal another pet peeve on this bike. Literally sounds and feels like you are tearing it to pieces removing these flimsy panels. Step back on design from my last GSXRs. My 2011 1000 was not so good either.

I have a zero gravity double bubble light smoke for it I’ve yet to add. Stock screen puts the wind directly into my face shield. I hooked up my little garmin 396 gps to a ram stem mount. I don’t tour on these things but I do like a little map guidance from time to time when out of state riding these things. Plus it shares duty with my Yamaha 900 GT Tracer that I do tour on. Easily swapped between the two bikes with one button. I ditched the rear foot pegs and went with the yosh exhaust hanger. Priced a solo seat cowl, holy smokes Suzuki wants a mint for those. Doubt I’ll buy one at those prices. The givi tankloc ring off my old GSX worked perfectly on the GSXR. Good thing cause there is NO underseat storage. I don’t do back packs:D

the bottom end power on this bike is MIA imo. Comparing it to the K5 motor or even my last 2011 1000 it’s pretty anemic. It does get going eventually but there is literally no grab the throttle in lower revs to amount to anything. Must be revved up. I can live with it but man the K5 motor had some grunt right off idle. Now if the weather here and my schedule would cooperate I could actually go put some miles on this thing.
5D89F313-1F5A-40F6-BA2E-FB222E6A0F43.jpeg
3EF89B3C-242D-4B7D-A25E-1F90398E7D23.jpeg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bike looks great. I understand your reasoning to not flash the ECU. I came off a k5 and know what you mean about the low end. The k5 was a monster. I feel, post flash on mine, that the low end matches the k5, or is very close now. Of course after the midrange the l7 zips along a good bit faster. That k5 was one hell of a motor though,

·
Registered
03 Gsxr1000
195 Posts
I would go and get it properly dyno’d. I had flashed one of my bikes and wasn’t happy either till the dyno tune.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
with the stock exhaust there is a hole in the midrange even the cat deletes the hole will still be there. a good full system will get you 7-8 hp at 6-8k and a good flash will help alot. all of the piggy backs will not help on-off throttle transitions.

jason

·
Registered
442 Posts
My bike has crazy low/mid range power, but that's after a Woolich ecu flash + 17 autotunes, and a full header with sprocket change. It was worth it just to disable deceleration fuel cut.

Now the hard part is keeping the front end down. It wants to float most of the time and when rolling on the gas on corner exit. It will come up at even the lowest RPM. Raising the front 14mm probably didn't help

Or maybe it was the ABM 5.5inch risers from sportbiketrackgear lol

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
.....after a Woolich ecu flash........ It was worth it just to disable deceleration fuel cut.
Absolutely! I would rather have drivability than pure horsepower. While the flash (tune), full header and derestricting the ETV's does add more HP. The drivability of the engine is just wonderful with the tune and especially the "Disable Decel Fuel Cut".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts