Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a new gixxer 2 weeks ago and I wanna set up the suspension on it. My dealer the guys who work there said they could probably do it, but that doesn't boast much confidence. The ass end of the bike has no play, completely stiff no give. I would like to get it set all around, have u guys done it yourself and where are good places to look to do it myself, I just wanna have it balanced all around. I live in edmond oklahoma.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Motojitsu has some videos I believe, also Dave moss tuning, they can steer you in right direction,I used some of their thoughts,ideas ,theories to set up my 2018 gsxr1000r, mine rear was super stiff from factory too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably the best color I have seen on a bike in a long time. Congrats on your new bike.
What riding experience do you have ?
I suggest you find a race or suspension shop in your area and get them to put the bike in the "ball park" of where the suspension needs to be. Most shops charge around $40 for that, trust me it's money well spent.
Depending on the type of riding you intend to do also consider adjusting the geometry of the bike. The k6+ GSXRs benefit massively from proper ride height.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts