Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put some ASV invention shortys on my bike. It seems like it started shifting a little harder in low gears. But I can't remember how stock felt. Does newer gsxrs shift smooth as butter or a little hard? Do I need to just adjust the clutch or is it A bad idea to have these on my bike? Should I just keep stock on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since it takes 30 seconds to adjust the clutch, start there.
That's what I did and clutch felt fine but still shifting kind of hard. I brought it to the dealer see if they could do a better job at adjusting(I'm not great with mechanical sh*t) and one of the techs were trying to tell me it was the levers. But I see tons of people that have ASV levers with zero problems. So I just didn't know If it was really just the levers or if the tech was wrong and it is just a bad clutch adjustment

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Put the old levers back on and see. Make sure that you currently have the cable adjusted for some free play, ride around. Come home and change the lever back and ride it again. It very well could be the lever.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did you grease the pivot bolts on the levers? It has a 10mm nut on the bottom. Don’t lube that part but the sleeve in the middle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts