Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can’t seem to find a damper that is compatible with the 2018. GPR which is what I wanted only lists good up to 2016, Öhlins has one but it’s a lower tree mount, similar to the factory. I know Scott’s has one also but it’s listed up to 17 maybe.

Any newer 17/18 owners found a solution that works. I know I could just re-oil the factory, and I have in the past, but I’d really love something like the GPR. I like the ease of adjustments.

Any advice appreciated.

TJ

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
2009-2018 are all the same so it should work no issues

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s kind of what I thought. Just didn’t know why they lost them and stop at 16. Thought there may have been a change somewhere after that I’m missing. Maybe to the upper clamp or the mounting nut.

Hate to drop 500ish on something that isn’t gonna fit.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Hit up m artin at Motomummy,they will confirm fitment and give you a great price as well ;)

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn I’ve been out of the game forever. Forgot all about those guys. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn’t look like they stock the GPR but I’m glad to have them bookmarked again 🙂

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to an email reply from GPR, the current model listed for 2016 will work with the 17,18 also. I’m sure most people figured that being they are all Gen2 but it’s nice to have that confirmation before dropping almost 500 bucks on a guess.

In order to save some money I’ll probably just do the fork oil mod and change out the factory dampeners oil to get a slight increase in resistance, something done in the past and come to prefer.

Appreciate the feedback all.

TJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts