Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a question, and am kind of stumped. I just bought me a brand new GSXR 1000 on Friday, and I have been buying OEM parts in the process so I can go ahead and install them when I had the bike. Well, according to eBay and Sixty 61's website, this bar end is 'supposed' to fit my GSXR 1000. The Bar Ends that come with this bike have a really thick ass screw in it, and I took it off, and I just don't see how this is supposed to fit. Now, I'm no rocket scientist by any means, but I really REALLY want these to fit. Is there an adapter of some kind I'm supposed to buy even though the website state it fits it? The diameter of these screws on these bar ends are way to little.

The only thing I can think of is trying to drill into this one so these CAN fit. Would something like this be possible? I mean, by any means if there's a workout to getting these to fit other than what I just mentioned, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
will not fit guaranteed!!!!!! had min out today and it is as you said one thick as motherfuckin bolt in there and that certainly isnt it!!!!!!

plus those are ugly as fuck

·
Registered
342 Posts
Have to think outside the box here. I installed a set of basic bar ends from Amazon, but it took a few extra parts. I ordered 4 of these collars Pro-Bolt Aluminium Collar M6 Thread 10.5mm o/d - 6mm length and used a small section of hose. You will need an M6 bolt about 45mm in length (or as long as will fit in the bars). One collar I drilled out a bit so it could slide up on the shoulder of the bolt and provide proper support for the bar end. Then slip the hose over the bolt, think I used a 5/16in hose, and put the other collar at the end. Slip it into the bars and tighten.

There are probably other "better" options. Instead of collars an m12 threaded rod with the center drilled and tapped to m6 would be nice but is beyond my limited shop skills.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem with mine, after trailing the internet the only solution was to get a 12mm / 1.25 pitch bolt and drill a 5mm hole down the center. I then tapped this to 6mm. Job done!!! If you need the bolt any bolt of a Renault is identical, you just need to cut the head off once you have tapped it. I would attach pics but for some reason it won’t let an iPad do this or else I am being stupid!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts