Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am looking for suggestions of what to do with my 2016 GSXR 750, when I put it into gear from neutral it lurches forward and dies. When it is in gear I am not able to roll it back and forth with the clutch lever pulled in like normal. What should I do, I would greatly appreciate any help!

·
Registered
2017 GSX-R 750
8 Posts
Hi I am looking for suggestions of what to do with my 2016 GSXR 750, when I put it into gear from neutral it lurches forward and dies. When it is in gear I am not able to roll it back and forth with the clutch lever pulled in like normal. What should I do, I would greatly appreciate any help!
I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing your clutch's wire might be a bit loose. Although you're pulling the lever all the way, the wire might have some slack. You can check youtube for how to adjust the clutch.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Check yout free play in your clutch cable. Sometimes, if you donthave proper cable tension, the clutch wont engage fully. You might be able to adjust it. If not at the lever, there is another adjuster at the other end of the cable, at the engine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
there are 3 adjustments for freeplay on the clutch... 1st is inside the right engine case clutch cover, 2nd is at the transmission end of the clutch cable, 3rd is at the handlebar lever... (also, the slipper mechanism has an adjustment under the right engine cover).... if it continues to "drag"... I would ditch the "anti-judder" spring that sits inside the clutch and inspect the clutch for damage (I'm not a fan of the anti-judder device... they are there to try and desensitize the engagement but, I believe they ultimately end up in causing dragging)...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts