Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2016 gsxr 1000. I did a motor swap (long and embrassing story) with another 16 gsxr 1000 motor. The motor only has 1,639 miles. I brought it from a seller on ebay. Me and the shop said the motor looks to be in perfect condition. After the install i hear a knocking sound after 3500 rpms; and the bike seem lack of power as well. I have a video hopefully i can post here. Im new to this site but not gsxr bikes. Any help would be greatly appreciate it. My end goal is not to total this bike and start riding my bike as it was suppose to be my first brand new bike. All my other gsxr bikes were used. If anyone can suggest how to post videos on here please let me know.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,524 Posts
What does it sound like at 8000 rpm? That almost sounds like you have the upper and lower injector connectors backward on one of the cylinders.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey there - this is my first post, and thought I'd start here. I'm ex S1000RR and and I picked up a brand new 2016 to thrash about on. Mine makes a ton of noise around those revs too, but I think it's normal. From your vid it sounds like bottom end noise - is that where it's coming from? I wonder if it's been down the road and had the side covers replaced...
the motor was from a wreck bike, got the money back from ebay, went to a salvage yard and brought another motor and that blew up on me in 25 miles smh

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So that's 3 motors on an L6 - the original, which you swapped for one from Ebay. You got a refund (because I'm assuming the Ebay motor was poo), then bought a third from a salvage that blew after 25 miles. What the hell happened to the original motor bro?
my bro drop my new bike smh and didnt see it was leakin oil, he thought it fluid from the stator 😞 he also payed for the motor to buy on ebay. When that ebay nonsense got settled and money refund i brought one from the salvage yard n that one blew up. So i currently got that original motor(out the bike) in my garage, the salvage yard motor in the bike) both of them rod thru the case.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
So i currently got that original motor(out the bike) in my garage, the salvage yard motor in the bike) both of them rod thru the case.

If both engines has a rod going through the case then both engines are not worth fixing....

Because you need at least:
New cases
new crank
New rod(s)
New Piston(s)
New rings
All gaskets and all bearings.

New oilpump
Oil filter
Fluids.

Then you might need new valves or a new head and maybye camchain and followers..

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Upper / lower cases are matched when manufactured and not interchangeable.

IE you have two big lumps of spare parts and no serviceable motors. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
That sucks dude,even though you had bad luck buying used engines,it's really the best option.
The cases alone from Suzuki(yes,they need to be purchased as a matching set) are $3500 and the crank(bare,no rods,bearings,etc)is $1400.
Check the WERA forums for anyone selling spare engines

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, I feel for you. You got a big job a head of you. I'm just not used to hearing about Gixxers spitting out rods. Ducati's - yes. Even BMW's. But Suzuki motors? Godam, and you've gone through three of 'em. The only blessing is, you may as well get the manual, pull the fokers apart and learn all about them. You've got nothing to lose. If it were me, I'd attempt a rebuild for sure, take my time, gradually buy the parts, the tools, and go step by step. Damn bad luck. I'll send you a blessing and I hope you get some good fortune brother.
a shop recently told me it probably blew up on me for not cleaning out the oil cooler, he think their pieces for the original motor in there. So when i swap it out again, imma make sure it was done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts