Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forums! I am in need of some help. Bike will not redline if I was to max out the throttle. It's like a governor is on it almost. I changed the spark plugs, air filter and ECU and no luck. Even took it to a mechanic and he's a but stumped as well. Not sure what my next step is. HELP!

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,088 Posts
Try giving a bit more detail. So it just tops out prematurely, it doesn't cut out like hitting a rev limiter. Does that happen in every gear? How high does it climb at full throttle? Does the top engine speed change with gear?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try giving a bit more detail. So it just tops out prematurely, it doesn't cut out like hitting a rev limiter. Does that happen in every gear? How high does it climb at full throttle? Does the top engine speed change with gear?
Yes, it tops out prematurely. First gear is the only one it doesnt fully effect. Every other gear at full throttle wont go past 8 or 9 rpms. The mechanic I took it to says the 2nd stage fuel injectors aren't coming on but he said continuity checks good.

·
3,088 Posts
Has he told you how he knows they aren't coming on? They're not supposed to come on at low loads and perhaps not at all in neutral. Has anyone done a flow test on the fuel pump? Do you ever see 'FI' flashing on the dash?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has he told you how he knows they aren't coming on? They're not supposed to come on at low loads and perhaps not at all in neutral. Has anyone done a flow test on the fuel pump? Do you ever see 'FI' flashing on the dash?
He said he rode it. He hasn't mentioned anything about the fuel pump. I've seen the FI light come on once but I turned it off and it went away. I'm gonna call him later and get some more info. Any thything in particular. I should ask?

·
3,088 Posts
If the 'FI' appears regularly, especially if it appears after bogging at load, the bike must be switched to dealer mode before cycling power off and on, to see what the code is. Other than that, the usual problem in cases such as this, is a clogged fuel filter (either the strainer, or the internal high pressure filter), which can be tested for via a fuel flow test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
dpapavas
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing