Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys would really appreciate Some opinions . My 2013 Gsxr 1000 seems to vibrate excessively at around 5-7 rpm , while riding in any gear or at any speed. I've got new tires , new chain any sprockets . I feel the tank vibrate really bad , all the way through the bars . It's so bad my frame sliders rattled loose . Is this normal , the bike has being down lightly . Has 13000 km well maintained new oil and air filter , aftermarket exhaust . Dose t seem to change . ANY INFO would be greatly appreciated !! Don't need the dealers bullshit opinions thanks gents!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does it do it while reving standing still? I’d say it sounds like you have a bent wheel/sprocket or not balanced correctly bent crank shaft.?.? You asked if it’s normal it don’t sound like it, u said u recently changed your sprockets I’d start there make sure there correct installed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the same problem with the old sprockets. If I ride at speed 80 km and pull in the clutch it's fine, even if I just rev it ...seems to have aggressive vibration, the wheels are balanced and new rubber

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No codes on the dash... It happens only around 5-7000 rpm at other ranges it subsides and seems normal. Every gear is similar

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,628 Posts
Does it vibrate at that RPM range when in neutral and standing still? I wonder if you might actually have a steering head problem. Have you checked for looseness and/or notched bearings? +1 on making sure the wheels are straight and their bearings are OK, particularly at the front.

"the bike has being down lightly" Was there any damage to the stator or clutch covers?

·
17,001 Posts
hey guys would really appreciate Some opinions . My 2013 Gsxr 1000 seems to vibrate excessively at around 5-7 rpm , while riding in any gear or at any speed. I've got new tires , new chain any sprockets . I feel the tank vibrate really bad , all the way through the bars . It's so bad my frame sliders rattled loose . Is this normal , the bike has being down lightly . Has 13000 km well maintained new oil and air filter , aftermarket exhaust . Dose t seem to change . ANY INFO would be greatly appreciated !! Don't need the dealers bullshit opinions thanks gents!
There is no way the sliders should ever "rattle loose". Have you torqued the engine mount bolts back to spec??

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,844 Posts
Nope, not normal. They will vibrate, but not to that degree.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have light road rash on the stator cover . It still vibrates in neutral . Have not checked torquing the mounts I'll check it out .i don't feel movement or clunking . Why would it come and go depending on rpm under 5000 is fine and over 7000, and depending on load or coasting it feels normal ... Under slow gradual acceleration I notice it . I don't think it's the steer head bearing I can coast in neutral at 100k and its smooth . It even rattled my bar end off!!! Any other ideas thanks guys

·
Registered
182 Posts
PULL YOUR BACK WHEEL OFF...while on the rear stand...grease the axle....put the wheel back on WITHOUT CONNECTING THE CHAIN ON THE SPROCKETS. Spin the wheel....DO YOU SEE ANY PROBLEM with the wheel not stopping (takes a while for it to stop) after spinning it therefore back and forth movement before it stops..suggesting that the fucking dickheads have not weighted / balanced your back wheel properly. DO THE SAME FOR THE FRONT WHEEL.... you will need a head stand to rotate the front wheel.

I have experienced this myself and found unbalanced wheels.

YOU should feel a terrible tremor through your handle bars when applying the front brake...or...tremors in the rear if on the back brake.

Pete

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no tremors under braking From front or rear . I'll take off the wheels and double check balance . I can still get the aggressive vibration through the tank and clip ons parked and just reving. But again at speed 80-100km in neutral or clutch in its fine, and above or lower 5000-7000 rpm it seems normal or comfortable .. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it had frame sliders when it went down . I got the bike used I didn't drop it ( from a friend) Trying to do some investigation . It wasn't a hard enough drop to crack a case or break or cause leak, it's light road rash. Resonates because of bolts loose I'm gonna tear it apart today thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went over motor mounts they all seemed tight. I had one missing frame slider do to the vibration , so I replaced both with solid hardware to add support. I changed the air filter the oil breather sponge was milky with oil . I added a small rubber bushing under the front gas tank bolts it helped with vibration in the tank. I'm waiting on new bar ends in the mail (like I mentioned one vibrated off) These small changes helped slightly . Do you think changing spark plugs will help? Some one mentioned crank distortion , if that was true I should see metal in my oil. It looked fine . Could it be something with cam chain I have 14000 km doubt it's being serviced there hydraulic I think .

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
If it's between 5 and 7k, consistently, I would say that something is out of balance. If the vibration goes away without applying throttle and coasting at culprit speeds, we can narrow it down to the engine.

Spark plugs COULD be the culprit, so could the COPs. 5k to 7k could just be the resonant frequency of the machine so that's where the unbalance is most noticeable.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Coil Over Plugs. Old engines had a distributor that sent spark to cylinders. New engines have ignition coils over the plugs. Got a vid of what's happening? You may be down a cylinder over 5k rpm and you just don't notice over 7k. Find a local mechanical shop if you don't like stealerships. Plenty of talent in the GTA that can do the work for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll look into into the coil packs and plugs see if anything stands out , the bike pulls hard it's not lacking performance . My mechanic wants me to install new bar ends before bringing it in (should get them in the mail soon) . It would be hard to show in a video , it's something you need to experience on ,or riding the bike. Now that I've noticed it , it's very annoying . I have a power commander thought it could affect things so I removed it with no change . I blocked off the pair valve doesn't seem to affect the issue ( actually helps slightly ). I might double check the exhaust valve I have the bypass plug in from the power commander . Any other ideas or opinions much appreciated !! I'm Gonna try and upload a video n pics

1 - 20 of 22 Posts