Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's! 1st time caller long time listener here hoping for some help. Have a 2013 Gsx-r 1000 limited that the fuel pump will not prime. It does prime if i ground the y/b wire at the relay. The ecu has been tested in another bike and primes on that bike. Any help would be appreciated.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,146 Posts
When you pull up the side stand and shift to neutral, do you hear the secondaries cycling, or any other whirring noises? Do you see CHEC at the lower right of the dash? If not, do you see a flashing FI?

·
3,146 Posts
Your ECU is not getting powered, which may be due to many reasons. If you can operate the starter motor, so that the engine is cranked, but doesn't start, see here, as well as the following posts. If not, search the forum for keywords like "ECU CHEC interlock sidestand neutral" for more information.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,699 Posts
I only have the K9-L1 service manual, which ought to be close to your bike, but maybe not exact. Page 1I-1 has a very helpful diagram of the interlock system. The O/W out of the engine stop switch is really important. It provides switched power to the ECM and can be checked at the dealer mode connector or the cooling fan relay.

Might your IGNITION fuse be blown?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1st thanks so much for the help guys. Fuses have all been checked. The bike does crank and i do have spark but no fuel pump prime. I have 12v at the o/w wire at the fp relay and the dealer plug when the key and kill switch is on.

·
7,699 Posts
The ECM produces 5 V sensor's power on a R lead to all powered sensors except the HO2 sensor. In addition to the various sensors, you can check it at the eight pin Suzuki Access Port, which should be nearby the dealer mode connector.

·
3,146 Posts
So the ECM does not seem to communicate with the dash, or operate the pump, but it does spark the plugs. How did this condition develop? Did anything happen that might have damaged the ECM?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Started with intermittent no start then eventually stopped running. Found broken gray wire at ignition switch. Repaired that wire and it still would not prime. Replaced harness and still not priming. Ecm, kill switch, relays and interlock tested on another running bike.

·
7,699 Posts
How did the ignition switch's Gr lead break? It provides power for various lights, which shouldn't be important right now. But it's uncomfortably close to the O/Y lead, which could shut things down. Measure the voltage on the O/Y lead while everything is connected and the ignition and engine stop switches are on. Measure it near the ignition switch or at the ECM. But things must be connected.

You still haven't said what the sensor's power R lead voltage is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Resolved! Good call on the red sensor wire BILLV. checked voltage at a few sensors and got between .4 and 2v at most. While searching for the draw i disconnected the exhaust servo and the voltage jumped up to 4.8v at the sensors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes does not say chec. Fuel pump primes and it starts. Does have code -c46 which i will get a servo buddy or reflash to get rid of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts