Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just need se help if anyone can answer for me. ( I'm not looking for the imobleizer bypass ) .
The previous owner crashed this bike but I'm going to use the motor for a Buggy. Just want to get it started first but the previous owner sold the key set and fuel cap before putting the bike up for sale.

So all I have is 4 wires. Red , orange, orange with green tracer and brown.

After I put the resistor in. Which wires should I connect ( I'll put a switch in ) or can someone please let me know what wire does what. I know the red is 12v the other three I don't know .

I downloaded the workshop manual but it's not clear in the wire diagram

·
Registered
225 Posts
As far as I can tell by the wiring diagram, you connect the Red to Orange and the
Orange/Green to Brown. This should get the dash to light up. But you won't be able
to start the bike, as I believe this model has an immobilizer. You will need the matching
transponder key for the Ecu.

NB. You're gonna have to insulate those wires as they are live. Also, check your fuses
at the fuse box. And there is also a main 30A fuse at the starter relay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I can tell by the wiring diagram, you connect the Red to Orange and the
Orange/Green to Brown. This should get the dash to light up. But you won't be able
to start the bike, as I believe this model has an immobilizer. You will need the matching
transponder key for the Ecu.
Thanks for the help that's all I needed . I tried all together but things got hot and dash just flashed hazard lights , I didn't want to fry the ECU so I stopped there .

So the orange/green and brown don't need power correct ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
When you connect the (R)ed and (O)range, the (O/G)Orange/Green becomes live as well and
has 12v on it. You connect this to the (Br)Brown. I believe the Brown is mostly for the rear lights,
but it may also supply power for the dash.

You can turn the hazards Off with the Hazard switch.

Some other members may know how you can go about getting transponder keys made for
the Ecu. I've never had to do this myself.

I don't have the wiring diagram for your bike but this is for a 2009 gsxr1000. I believe the ignition
colors will be the same, but if you have the correct workshop manual you can double check.
gsxr1000_2009_wiring_ignition_switch_notes.png

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you connect the (R)ed and (O)range, the (O/G)Orange/Green becomes live as well and
has 12v on it. You connect this to the (Br)Brown. I believe the Brown is mostly for the rear lights,
but it may also supply power for the dash.

You can turn the hazards Off with the Hazard switch.

Some other members may know how you can go about getting transponder keys made for
the Ecu. I've never had to do this myself.

I don't have the wiring diagram for your bike but this is for a 2009 gsxr1000. I believe the ignition
colors will be the same, but if you have the correct workshop manual you can double check.
View attachment 577162
Thankyou. I guess this explains why when holding the orange and red together then adding the orange/green my fingers got hot lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts