Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anybody know what is the differencies from the K9 fork and L2 fork? I bought a L2 fork to my bike 'cause the old one are bent. But i need to change tha caps, because the in the new one are scratched. Does it interchangable? Thanks in advance guys! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
from everything I read they are the same apart from some valving changes.

However the 2012+ bike runs different 'Brembo' calipers. Im not sure if the mounting design is exactly the same as the 09-11 Tokico calipers. youd want to check that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from everything I read they are the same apart from some valving changes.

However the 2012+ bike runs different 'Brembo' calipers. Im not sure if the mounting design is exactly the same as the 09-11 Tokico calipers. youd want to check that.
Cool, thanks man! The brake caliper not problem, because the bottom end of the fork doesn't have the little pin which the K9 fork have so the old Tokico plug&play.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 2009-2011 forks were through the top triple clamp 7mm, 2012 onward were flush at the top. I believe 2012 onward have a softer spring rate as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2009-2011 forks were through the top triple clamp 7mm, 2012 onward were flush at the top. I believe 2012 onward have a softer spring rate as well.
Yes, exactly! I compared the forks yesterday, the K9 forks are longer then the L2 forks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No idea! BUT! I have learned that the BPF is a farce, and a worthless marketing ploy. Therefore, I had the Ohlins internals installed in my stock '09 fork tubes. Ohlins rear also of course. Problem solved! Bike handles like a dream.

·
Registered
283 Posts
not sure what bike you are riding, or what bikes you owned previously, but for a good streetbike that can easily be punted around the track on happy trackdays without modification the BPF is damned good- and an amazing step forward from what there was previously. Hence all other sportbikes adopting them too.
you just wanted the ohlins sticker didn't you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts