Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Administrator
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Does a middleweight sportbike powered by a carbureted, air/oil-cooled engine with a claimed 106 crank horsepower spinning a slim 140 x 70/18 rear tire sound exciting? If it was 1985, and the above mystery bike's color scheme is blue and white, then it was the Suzuki GSX-R750 that would've had you geeked.

A Gixxer 750 with 106 ponies. How times have changed.

The GSX-R750 – arguably the bike that started the replica racer revolution – marked its 25th anniversary in 2010. Oddly, Suzuki decided to celebrate the noteworthy birthday last year by creating a limited edition GSX-R1000, designated by little more than special paint and "25th Anniversary Edition" on the mufflers and wheel rim striping.

For us in the States, 1986 was the first time we could zip down the road on a Gixxer, so this year is something of an unofficial 25th anniversary for the 750 in America. Thankfully, we at least have an upgraded and lighter weight GSX-R750 in 2011 to celebrate with – even if we're the only ones partying.

More: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R750 Review on Motorcycle.com

·
Function over F0RM
5,214 Posts
Find your color combo for the 2006-2009 750s and be happy. There is no reason to upgrade other than aesthetics. I just read updates of the 2006 model. :(

·
Function over F0RM
5,214 Posts
Oh, I'm not biased just for the 06+ models. As personal preference, my favorite Gixxer body style is the 03-04 1000 and 04-05 600/750. My '03 Gix 600 was a tad bulky compared to my Zix 6, however, different manufacturers. :) Regardless, I'll never get the full potential of a CBR250R! :D At least I'm honest.

·
Registered
182 Posts
the k8-k10 models are much nicer than the k11. i dont know what they were thinking, they look much less exotic and sexy. i wouldnt be caught dead buying one unless it was a screamin deal and they had some good aftermarket body work out for it. just MO

·
Registered
279 Posts
Blue and white is arguably the best colour for a gixxer, But they really need to pull their fingers out in the cosmetics department, post 5 is right, it looks unfinished and bland and thought they would loose that awfully big clumpy looking headlight this time round I would like to see the more angular, sharp lines like those of a zx10r or r1 brought to the Suzuki design board and for that reason Suzuki this year your fired

·
Registered
90 Posts
for some reason it looks like they did a half ass job on the colors. i agree with ^. just doesnt look as sexy as the prior models.. just saying..

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
Colors clash. Looks like it's been crashed and repaired with panels from different year bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hate the fact that the didnt put projector lights on the 2011.. I love the lights on my K9 and my wifes L0. We ride @ night alot and the projectors are awesome and safe. I also don't like that little black piece of fairing under the gas tank! Even though they say its a faster bike cause of all these changes, I still think that the lights should if been left unchanged. Most of us wont be taking it to do competitive racing with it anyways..

1 - 20 of 98 Posts