Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 GSXR1000 and i have some questions about C mode. Do you get better gas mileage in C mode? Is it bad for the engine to go full throttle in C mode? Just some newbie questions, thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
you have to remember the C mode was installed to cut back on throttle response and a little power, WOT won't hurt it just wont get the full on response of A mode or the mode selector turned off.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The mode selector is the least used feature on my bike. I think it's a sales gimmick to new riders. Don't know that anyone I know with a 1k even touches them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use B mode for long stretches of highway. I just find it's easier to maintain a consistent speed than it is in A mode. Once I get to the twisties it's back into A. I literally never use C.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I tried C vs A on my 2011 to check mileage on a tankful of commute riding. Was about the same.

Best mileage so far was about 43 MPG.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've put my bike in C mode once on the way home from the dealer to try it. Never again since. Useless feature. Should have been Race (A) and Rain (B) or something. A,B,C is just a sales gimmick.
Enjoy the bike though. Love my 1k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts