Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2011 Gsxr 1000 engine with 2,600 miles on it for our buggy/ cross kart project.
We our trying to figure out a few electrical related questions.......
We bought as many parts as we could that wasn't destroyed from the wrecked bike, but the ignition and key were gone as well as the gauges.

My question is....I can pick up a used ignition and key from ebay, but will I have to get it programmed to work? Also do I have to use the same year gauges or do I have the option of aftermarket gauges or different years?
IMG_20200619_130304642_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200619_175053668_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200528_131625255_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
571 Posts
it wont work it just wont
WHAT?

There have been several posts with working GSXR1000 engines in carts, buggies, and even those midget race cars!

I'm not sure about an immobilizer on that year. IIRC- that's only in Europe?

IIRC, The 2011-2012 GSXR1000 are the same bikes also. Those gauges and ignition should be plug and play, no modding.

Awesome project- good luck and keep us posted about the progress!

If you do a search on GSXR1000 in carts/buggies, you should get some hits for sure! I've seen them- not sure what Yr 1000's though. I know I saw some 2005/2006 ones FS.

L1- L2- the same IIRC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WHAT?

There have been several posts with working GSXR1000 engines in carts, buggies, and even those midget race cars!

I'm not sure about an immobilizer on that year. IIRC- that's only in Europe?

IIRC, The 2011-2012 GSXR1000 are the same bikes also. Those gauges and ignition should be plug and play, no modding.

Awesome project- good luck and keep us posted about the progress!

If you do a search on GSXR1000 in carts/buggies, you should get some hits for sure! I've seen them- not sure what Yr 1000's though. I know I saw some 2005/2006 ones FS.

L1- L2- the same IIRC.
Thanks and will do! As of now we haven't done too much on it because of other projects getting in the way and the purchase of 2 more Gsxr's lol.

Yes, those crosskarts over seas seems pretty popular. The all pretty much run gsxr 600 engines all the way up to Hayabusa engines. Of course some use comparable honda, yamaha and kawasaki engines too.
They race in snow, mud, dirt, road ,hill climbs and wood roads with jumps and in different classes.
This one out of australia is going to be a cross breed with things fabricated different on the chassis and suspension.
If you don't mind, take a look at this video..........they are gsxr 750 engines in these ones......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts