Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably going to be buying this in a month when the guy gets back in town! Can anyone tell me any of the 2011 1000 issues and such? I have two GSXR 600's (06-07). Those have major rectifier and stator issues. Want to know about these and what to look out for. Here she is:

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
The only issue I'm aware of on the 09-11 sen (apparently they addressed it in 2012) is the oiling issue/crank bearing failure issue, not widely publicized or acknowledged by Suzuki, but they were definitely aware of it as you can read.

09 GSXR1000 cranks...fail.. | 13x Forums

Not sure how big an issue it is for street riding bikes (granted you didn't mention anything about if the track was part of your gameplan I just assumed with the poser neons and whatnot).

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
The issue is they're ghey as fuck

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
I would, and I'm dead serious about this, pass solely because of the Two Bros slip-on. Anyone that cheaps out on an exhaust is probably going to cheap out on other things, including anything vital. This cheap-assness is further seen in the fact that the dude didn't even bother to replace the front fender reflector stand-offs with actual screws (a whooping $2-5 step skipped). No, thanks. The random powdercoating and neons are just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
265 Posts
rock solid bikes overall and by now all of the (minor) recalls will be done (but get it checked, just call a dealer with the VIN).

bike looks fine but with any bike, no matter how good or bad they look, check em out properly. A ratty bike can be well maintained and nothing wrong, and a minter can actually be abused underneath.
As for the bling bits dont worry too much about that. In fact alot of my experience on this is that people that bling a bike usually are more posers than riders and so the bike has had an easy life. Just check that the bling isnt there to cover up damage.
Nothing especially wrong with a two-brothers exhaust IMO. they are just overpriced for what they are and the full carbon cans have been known to catch alight if the bike is worked hard on a dyno.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought it guys! $5700 (13k miles). It has a FULL exhaust, power commander 5, and more details to it etc!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

·
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people
871 Posts
Is that before or after insertion? :monkeyface
I did some color sampling before so the skid marks compliment the blue.

OP can I take a ride as bitch in my assless chaps prairie dogging my neon blue anal beads. It's the final piece of your homosexual sports bike puzzle. I'll clean up any mess, promise.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
:eek :spit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts