Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

2011-2019 GSX-R Track Setup ?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MasonW 
#1 ·
Hi,

Wanted to get some feedback from those of you tracking the new generation 750.

I will be taking my stock 750 to the track and will upgrade tires over the OEM ones of course. I'm on the fence about tires, as I will be using my bike for street and track day use. The tires I have on my radar are, Q3 Plus and Battlax S22. If any of you have experience with these or think there's a better option, feel free to offer some advice.

I'm 210 lbs without gear and am 5'9", I've been losing weight and hope to be under 200 lbs soon.

There are no plans for club racing but simply to get back on the track and drag knee and have some fun before I get too old...

#2 · (Edited)
I've ridden on the Q3+ street and track. They were great for me and I definitely could not outride them. Only changed out because I wanted to try something new since Dunlop had been all I ever rode.

I started at pressures of 32f/30r cold temps. Eventually settled at 30f/28r cold because it felt best to me. They warm up quick and were ready to go after one lap. Turn in was smooth, stable mid corner and under braking.

For street duty they were great too. Even when I got caught in some heavy downpours.

#5 ·
I run a stock 2012 GSXR 750 and have around the same body composition as you; 5'9, 202lbs without gear. My bike is also my commuter so I've been running Michelin Road 5's - definitely the wrong choice for track once you want to start finding more pace but what I really wanted to say is that even with the bike professionally set up, I'm bottoming out my forks because of my weight and braking habits. Something to bear in mind for us slightly heavier guys - seems the stock front springs are a touch on the soft side

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.