Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ill try and keep this brief. About a month or two ago i was riding and my bike died on me completely and couldn't even be push started, took it home put jumper cables on it and nothing would happen. We chopped it up to a bad rectifier and brought it to the dealer for it to be replaced (under a recall). After getting the bike back it will crank but not start. The dash was displaying "chec", so i googled how to check codes and follwed the guides and videos but eveyrtime i did it nothing would happen, the dash would continue to say "chec". I also noticed the fuel pump wasnt priming so thats where i focused.

Here is everything i checked (be minded in very new to using a multi meter):
  • check codes (wont display any besides "check" so help on that would be great)
  • kill switch is good in that the bike still cranks unless switched off
  • battery is brand new
  • fuel pump is grounded
  • fuel pump is not getting power
  • the pump relay is receiving power but relay is not activating, swapped with identical fan relay and no change
  • O/W on dealer plug to battery ground to make sure ecu is grounded (something said to do on a Facebook group)
  • TOS i took off and shook to make sure it was moving fine
I still have to check the kickstand switch, but i have a new flasher/kickstand relay on its way because after the bike first broke down and i tried starting it, the relay made a horrible load buzzing/ringing/clicking noise, and now every time the key is turned i hear a loud click from that relay. So not to sure i that could be it but why not try.

Any suggestions would be great help, as well to be able to pull my codes from the bike since the paper clip method doesn't seem to work for me.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
'CHEC' means the ECU is not on-line, so don't expect to be able to pull codes from it. Please search the forum for terms like "CHEC, ignition interlock, sidestand switch" for more details on the possible causes. The relay you mention sounds like a likely candidate, but more troubleshooting should be carried out to determine if it has in fact failed, and why.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'CHEC' means the ECU is not on-line, so don't expect to be able to pull codes from it. Please search the forum for terms like "CHEC, ignition interlock, sidestand switch" for more details on the possible causes. The relay you mention sounds like a likely candidate, but more troubleshooting should be carried out to determine if it has in fact failed, and why.
I was really hoping it wasnt an ECU issue. Ill try searching the forums more ive already done some searching but havent found much pertaining to what i need, Ive heard someone having a similar issue and turned out to be a resistor in the ignition switch but he was able to actually pull the codes

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
Here are a couple of informative messages from a cursory inspection of the first page of results returned by the suggested search:

As you can see, by these and similar posts, it's likely not a fault of the ECU per se, but more likely of some component of the interlock, such as the sidestand or gear position switches, the engine stop switch, or the wiring between them. More troubleshooting will be required to find out what it is, which will involve being handy with a DMM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts