Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new here, sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I got my 2010 gsxr 600 last summer, its been great, need to take it in to get the valves checked/shimmed, but something I'm not sure of is the way the clutch feels above about 3500 rpm when "launching". Ive never really hard launched the bike, but if im trying to launch a bit, the clutch feels a little bit rough. I dont think it feels like its slipping, but it stops feeling smooth. Maybe it is a bit of slippage but I'm not sure. There are only about 13000 km on the bike, so i wouldn't think the clutch should be hurting much at all yet.
Any insight would be appreciated, I apologize if this has been posted somewhere else but my search results showed negative.
Thanks!

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
Do you notice it when you're shifting through the gears? Have you inspected the clutch plates?

And yes this is probably the wrong location for this thread, but a mod will relocate it... And please go introduce yourself in the "Starting Line" section to tell us a little about who you are :cheers

·
Administrator
13,253 Posts
Thread moved ... op go and introduce yourself properly in the ‘starting line’ section before asking for help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you changed or added oil? If you changed oil and put in full synthetic not rated for motorcycle use, you would probably be feeling the clutch slipping all the time. If you added that type of oil you might experience skipping. If either of the above is true, drain the oil and replace the clutch plates. Once they have absorbed non-motorcycle rated synthetic oil, they'll never be right.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Find your manual and adjust your clutch. There are 3 adjustment points.

Like Geezer said, oil may have dickered your clutch. If it's not JASO-MA certified, it may have pooched your friction plates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
MacBayne
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing