Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bike in Hawaii when I returned from a deployment. It was sold to me as a 2010 GSXR 1000. I was told that it was a J-Spec bike and from my findings there aren't many 2010 GSXR 1000's out there with any real information on them. I am trying to find out if mine is actually an 09' or if it is in fact a 10'. I am trying to sell it and don't want to mislead any buyers. Any insight as to the difference or if I just had smoke blown up my ass when I bought this bike would be great, the VIN starts with JS1GT.

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts
I bought a bike in Hawaii when I returned from a deployment. It was sold to me as a 2010 GSXR 1000. I was told that it was a J-Spec bike and from my findings there aren't many 2010 GSXR 1000's out there with any real information on them. I am trying to find out if mine is actually an 09' or if it is in fact a 10'. I am trying to sell it and don't want to mislead any buyers. Any insight as to the difference or if I just had smoke blown up my ass when I bought this bike would be great, the VIN starts with JS1GT.
What does the title say?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The title states its a 2010 but the MFD on the plate states MFD IN 09/09 does that make it a 2010 or 2009?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a stock color I think Suzuki marketed it as "Metallic Blue", I have never seen another bike this color. I haven't changed anything on the bike but the exhaust. When I did that the bike lost about 25-30lbs in useless crap. I love the bike but I just don't ride it enough to justify having it. I have less than 800 miles on it and I have owned it for around 3yrs.

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts
It's a 2010 model.

My truck was made in Sept 88. It's an 89

My vet was made in 71. It's a 72.

If you go to a car lot right now and buy a new car you will get a 2014 model.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In the car world anything manufactured from August to December makes it the next model year. Example 8/07 makes it an 08.

k4 1000 mladin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all very much. Does anybody know if there were any American Spec GSXR-1000s made in 2010 or were there only Japan Spec bikes made. There doesn't seem to be any information I can find through KBB or NADA for a 2010 only a 09 and 11.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
Thank you all very much. Does anybody know if there were any American Spec GSXR-1000s made in 2010 or were there only Japan Spec bikes made. There doesn't seem to be any information I can find through KBB or NADA for a 2010 only a 09 and 11.

There were no year 2010 model Suzuki sport bikes imported into the US. They had too much leftover stock of 09 bikes (they 09 and 10 GSXR-600/750/1000 and Hayabusa are all the same, only graphics differences), wasn't a good year for motorcycle sales in the US.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/its-official-american-suzuki-not-planning-to-import-most-2010-models-will-not-homologate-2010-gsx-rs-for-ama-pro-road-racing/

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts
^^ Why didn't I remember that? Sorry OP. Brain fart.

I wonder if they listed them as 10's since that was the model year. ....

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Machisone85 - I too bought this model bike, and have no end of problems trying to find information on it. These include google images when searching as the colour never shows up.

Using the above VIN search resources the suzukicycles gives me nothing, and the cyclepedia link giving me a country of origin, but stating 'no more information is listed on its database' :dunno

I cant access my bike at the moment as its locked up in my garage, but its due for some work soon and im interested to see the manufacturer's date coding. It's listed as LO and my VIN starts with JS1CY...

I live in Australia and when I bought it because my dealer was considered a 'premium dealer' they were given the opportunity to order one as not many were imported into the country. Ive since only ever seen 2 other's for sale in the country using an online buying website. Will let you know if I find anything further

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I know with cars if the date is after Sept. it's considered the following years model. From what I know that color wasn't offered for 09 and 10 was a carry over bike with a few different colors. The red bike I have wasn't offered in 2010 it was discontinued.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts