Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

When you're one of the most popular platforms for superbike road racing success, how do you out-do yourself? In the case of the ultra-victorious Suzuki GSX-R1000, nothing less than a ground-up overhaul was in order. The 2009 Gixxer liter machine underwent such comprehensive redesign (though it looks remarkably similar to '08) that Suzuki refers to the update as "a full model change."

Whether or not this smacks of some rightly deserved aloofness will be up to you: Essentially, Suzuki perceived the task of crafting its new liter-class missile as a challenge in delivering a bike with the performance to exceed "… its biggest rival – the current GSX-R."

The phrase "total balance" is bandied about routinely in press materials for the new bike. Integral to achieving this target of perfect symbiosis between powerplant and chassis, the 999cc mill is now all-new. Much of the engine's re-make conforms to the mandate set forth by Suzuki that "close-to-ideal" chassis dimensions are the driving force behind the heavily re-vamped liter bike.

More: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Review on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am really excited about this bike, trading in my current yamaha which has done me good but time to go and gettin the gixxer 1k.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking 4 + performance on a 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000

Hi there,

I got the 2009 1K GSX-R

Does anybody knows the best receipe on exhaust to get the most? I was considering the Akrapovic RACING & EVOLUTION TWIN EXHAUST SYSTEM but the site does not says if I need the power commander as well...

I was looking for an option with the most HP but without loosing the A-B-C maps capability

Thanks in advance for advice

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: Looking 4 + performance on a 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000

Hi there,

I got the 2009 1K GSX-R

Does anybody knows the best receipe on exhaust to get the most? I was considering the Akrapovic RACING & EVOLUTION TWIN EXHAUST SYSTEM but the site does not says if I need the power commander as well...

I was looking for an option with the most HP but without loosing the A-B-C maps capability

Thanks in advance for advice
You need to spend a few days reading over the site buddy ... Thats in almost every thread

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own the GSXR K9 1000. I would like to know the different power ratio between the 3 modes A, B and C. The uses and the differences in petrol comsumption. Thank you..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000 question

I just got the new 09 GSXR 1000, Ive had it for 6 weeks, yesterday i was riding and everything was fine, did 168 on I295 outside of Jaxsonville.:punk
I get home, I was gonna go to the store, get some cigs, I went to start my bike and nothing. Its kicking over, fuel pump sounds normal (giving fuel to start). My fuses are fine, theres a full tank of gas and the starter kicks in, but it is not starting. Any ideas what could be wrong? I have :hammer banged my head, thinking of what it could be? Any suggestions on what it may be?

John

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
If he was in gear with the kickstand down the fuel pump wouldn't even initialize.

Your temp read out gives a Temp and not a Chk correct?

Sounds like a Ground is not connected somewhere if the start clicks but nothing happens. (happened when I forgot to hook my gound terminal to the battery.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
A buddy of mine is working with Brock (Brock's Performace) on development on the K9 and Brock has found that he is making more power out of the 4-1-2 system then he can make with the 4-1 system on the top and this helps with the midrange (where I feel this bike is lacking so far).

·
Registered
2 Posts
well I took it to the place where i bought it yesterday, there stummped, they said I had clutch debris in my oil, (that normal?) and also that my cylinodes (spelling I know) were not up to spec, range of normal PSI was from 175-225 psi, the highest i had out of the 4 were 75PSI. WTF? Now there saying suzuki may not cover under warrenty because I didnt do the first sched maitence. WTF does that have to do with my Engine not working properly???? I havent heard from my shop yet, but fear the worse. Its less than 8 wks old. I know its not my shops fault, but Suzuki should cover there engine correct even if i didnt do the first maint?
Let me know what you ppl think, and if i am gonna get screwed, what is my next step, any suggestions?

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Well it is prolly up to them. Yes not having a shop do the 600 miles warranty can void your warranty, and if Suzuki goes by the book it could void it.

Clutch bits is not good, means the bike is eating the clutch plates or basket. From the sounds if they do cover it, it may be due for a new motor especially if your Cylinders don't have the compression PSI they are supposed to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
did 168 on I295 outside of Jaxsonville
You should ALWAYS take it easy on the first 1k to 2k miles just to get the engine worn in properly. Loss of cylinder compression can only mean that the rings are shot to hell or something is not closing in there but you would notice the incredibly ugly noise. Best Wishes! '07 GSX-R600 167Mph

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Actually several engine builders across the world have found engines break in better being run hard, or at least motors that are under load (Deceleration and accleration) a lot during break in seat the rings, cylinders, and seals better then one ran at constant RPM for 600 miles.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
the 2009 gsxr1000 is agood bike but it has some week points! I have one and I love it after Ive done some modifications to it. It has a great foundation for a race bike or your occasional weekender cayon rider. If you have the money then get one but I also own a 2007 gsxr1000 and enjoy it just as much. Here are the mods to my K9:

power commander V
BMC filter
Yoshimura Full exhaust
Valtermoto Rear Sets
Yoshimura Case Savers/FrameSliders
ASV Shorty Levers
Galfer Brake Lines
1 down in front 2 up in back Driven Sproket
GPR Stabilizer
Valtermoto race Gas Cap
RaceTech Rear GS3 Shockwith Resovoir
Puig Double Bubble